• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Black Polarized or Deep Water Polarized? First Oakley’s.

Carrsville

Oakley Beginner
Trying to decide on which Polarized Prizm lenses to get, Black or Deep Water for the following activities. I’ve got green eyes that can be light sensitive.

I kind of like the less colorful outside appearance of the Black with the silver mirror, but have heard great things about DWP.

• long days spent at the baseball field watching the kids play
  • Pool every now and then
  • Driving
  • General running errands, etc
  • Working out outside
  • Live on the east coast close to ocean, rivers, marsh
Anything else I should consider? I’ll be creating a custom pair of Radar EV Path with the Pitch lens shape.

Trying to decide on which Polarized Prizm lenses to get, Black or Deep Water for the following activities. I’ve got green eyes that can be light sensitive.

I kind of like the less colorful outside appearance of the Black with the silver mirror, but have heard great things about DWP.

• Driving
  • Working out outside
Anything else I should consider? I’ll be creating a custom pair of Radar EV Path with the Pitch lens shape.
Prizm DWP is the way to go, kinda has the best of both worlds in my opinion. They are pretty dark, & the contrast is amazing, but not overwhelming where it can tire your eyes out. I would say it does everything Prizm Black does, but with a little extra added benefit when you do decide to go out on the water, be it the ocean, lake, or river. Plus, I always get tons of compliments from people when I wear my frames that have Prizm DWP lenses. Literally the only downside to these, or any polarized lenses for that matter, is that looking at your phone screen with them on. Plus, another benefit is that the silver/light blue mirrored look goes really well with a lot of different styles. Hope this helps

DWP is probably the best Prizm Polarized lens. My Personal favorite is Prizm Jade Polarized to look through. The Jade isn’t as dark as DWP but still dark enough for bright conditions. I would also recommend Ruby Polarized.

• Driving
  • Working out outside
Deep Water Prizm all day, everyday, you won’t be disappointed

Back