• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Black polarized vs Prizm Tungsten Polarized

Prizm Blk Polarized vs Prizm Tungsten Polarized

• Prizm Blk Pol

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Prizm Tungsten Pol

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are quite different, but it amounts to personal preference.
Black is neutral, but quite dark. On an overcast day, it's a little too dark, but it's not messing with colour rendition. It's a kind of reflective, yet classic look in sunglasses.

Tungsten is a brown/amber base. Most people (myself included) find brown lenses to be a bit more soothing on the eyes. I find the brown is versatile in bright to medium light. If you care about people being able to see your eyes, Tungsten is a bit less reflective from the outside. In most conditions your eyes will be obscured, but slightly visible.

Pair #1 I go prizm black, pair #2 prizm Tungsten, pair #3 something much lighter like a golf or even prizm trail lens.

I almost always recommended starting w black, most dark and neutral, then branch out from there.

I do normally tend to lean towards a contrast lens. I’ve had tungsten before on a Jupiter squared but I remember sometimes dealing with what some might call “ghosting” on headlights. Anyone have this issue with Prizm tungsten?

I do normally tend to lean towards a contrast lens. I’ve had tungsten before on a Jupiter squared but I remember sometimes dealing with what some might call “ghosting” on headlights. Anyone have this issue with Prizm tungsten?
I only have one pair of prizm, but can’t say I’ve noticed issues with any artifacts...but I do see that with my DWP.

If you like a contrast lens, see if you can snag a pair with the older 'Tungsten Iridium' tint.
Prizm Tungsten isn't quite as nice as the original TI, which has a neat bronze base (yellowish brown). TI is an awesome lens for those less-than-sunny days.

Back