• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm daily polarized VS Prizm dark golf? (rose tint)

Kevin Vella

Oakley Beginner
So I placed an order for flak draft glasses with prescription prizm lenses today, however, the daily prizm lenses available are only in a black polarized tint.

I used to have prizm daily polarized lenses that had a slight rose tint a few years ago, which I loved. I then had prizm daily polarized in a black tint which I wasn't a big fan of (too dark and contrast wasn't there).

I was told they don't have these daily rose tint ones anymore, and the worker told me the prizm dark golf are similar to these. I'm not sure if they are though, can anyone confirm?

Well most places I've seen have Dark Golf at 22% lt and Prizm Daily polar at 14%. That's a lot if you ask me.

The Dark Golf will give you a similar rose look to the Prizm Daily but the LT level will be significantly higher which will lead to a much brighter lens.

That's what I was worried about. They didn't have a sample of the dark golf either. But for some reason they only had these lenses (attached), and seemed to have eliminated any rose tint everyday prizm lense.

I guess I'm just looking for something as close to the old lenses that I had. I can always exchange them, but hate to wait another couple weeks.

PRIZM-EVERYDAY-LENS-CHART-2020.jpg

PRIZM-SPORT-LENS-CHART.png

Golf can be a difficult game to play, and if you're not playing in the right conditions or have the wrong equipment, - Rangefinder Reviews it can make things even harder. That's why we want to review Prizm dark golf and rangefinder products with you. We'll start by telling you about our experience using these products and then explain what they are so that anyone who needs them will know how they work. If you're looking for some new gear, this is a great place to start!

Golf can be a difficult game to play, and if you're not playing in the right conditions or have the wrong equipment, - Rangefinder Reviews it can make things even harder. That's why we want to review Prizm dark golf and rangefinder products with you. We'll start by telling you about our experience using these products and then explain what they are so that anyone who needs them will know how they work. If you're looking for some new gear, this is a great place to start!
All you need to play golf is 1 hockey stick. I saw it on a Documentary called Happy Gilmore. Check it out:)

From my understanding (and from having used Prizm Daily Polarized earlier this year), it's a rose tint just like my trail, trail torch, shallow water, deep water, and snow sapphire. It's a bit more subtle and cooler take on deep water.

I'm wondering if where-ever you're getting them from are simply confusing standard "Prizm Black" with "Prizm Daily". Also because Prizm Black is a grey base it's not going to have the same look as the rose base stuff I love (Prizm Sapphire for example is a grey base, and I have those in a Latch Alpha).

Far as Trail/Trail Torch vs Road vs Golf goes, the way it was explained to me was that you get more contrast in the green areas, though I can tell you that with Trail you do get that same effect (darkening highlights of grass, and being able to differentiate between the different shades of grass/leaves), it's intended to make reds/browns/etc like roots and dirt pop out more, guessing Golf has a slight change to do that for grass.

PS: If you need it dark and you mainly want the rose tint and don't care as much about the frontal appearance, check out Snow Sapphire, it is however not polarized.

You may want to actually read the posts instead of just the titles.

Yes prizm dark golf and prizm daily polarized are quite different. I love them both but extremely different. I didn’t realize prizm daily polarized wasn’t available anymore in prescription? Prizm deep water is pretty close from a looking through stand point (however it does have the cobalt blue iridium on it). Prizm grey polarized is also similar to prizm daily polarized too.

Back