• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Deep Water VS Costa 580G Blue

The Costa glass lens has clearer optics while Oakley DWP polycarbonate lens has better impact protection. Depends what you want to use them for. If fishing then I would want better eye pro with Oakley. If you are just using to drive then I would take Costa for clearer vision. Of course this is just evaluation of the lens. It depends which frames you are comparing as well.

The Costa glass lens has clearer optics while Oakley DWP polycarbonate lens has better impact protection. Depends what you want to use them for. If fishing then I would want better eye pro with Oakley. If you are just using to drive then I would take Costa for clearer vision. Of course this is just evaluation of the lens. It depends which frames you are comparing as well.

Is there any benefit from using a glass lens against saltwater, sweat, etc. breaking it down?

Will oakley ever make glass lenses?

Oakley's lens coatings tend to be more susceptible to damage from long term saltwater and sweat exposure in my experience, but both companies put out quality products and chances are you likely won't have problems with either.

Oakley will never make glasses lenses. Never. It goes against their sports performance approach.

Wow. That's crazy.

Sent from Q's Note5

I live 20 minutes from their headquarters. All the surf shops and sport shops here carry them for a good price and I bought 3 pairs at one point.

I dropped my black fins once and it was game over.

So much for superior optics.

I live 20 minutes from their headquarters. All the surf shops and sport shops here carry them for a good price and I bought 3 pairs at one point.

Damn

Sent from Q's Note5

That's bad luck. I dropped mine several times but they never broke. Dropped on tile, wood, gravel but not full concrete however. Alot of glass lenses these days are tempered and tested with a ball bearing drop. But no, they are certainly nowhere near as impact proof as polycarbonate. Glass benefits are clarity and scratch resistance.

Back