• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Deep Water vs VR28 Black Iridium Polarized - Prizm vs Iridium?

KStroop

Oakley Beginner
I noticed the DWP does not seem to have the iridium coating of the VR28BIP, but to be honest I don't understand the tech enough to know what that does or doesn't mean. I tried on DWP in the store and like the rose base. The Oakley site says the VR28BIP has a bronze base, but it looks like a rose base? The DWP looked very similar to VR28BIP when looking in the store. I currently have the VR28BIP and looking at the DWP, but haven't been driving/normal wear with the DWP. The DWP looks like it has a mirror finish so people can't see your eyes (at least not easily).

Is the lack of iridium because it has the prizm?

My eyes are extremely sensitive, so I liked the VR28BIP darkness - I don't think the DWP will be much different even though it's 2% more VLT - but does the prizm vs iridium make it seem lighter or darker for others who have used both?

My glasses are all prescription and sunglasses, so I like to overdo the research just to make sure I don't miss anything obvious.

DWP has Iridium, that's the shiny blue coating. It just isn't in the name.

They're both great lenses and distinctly different in my opinion, so do what we all do here and get both.

Prizm highlights intended parts of the visible spectrum, in the case of Deep Water Prizm, it's to highlight things under the surface in deep blue water. It also works well in general use but that is it's purpose.

VR28BIP is polarized lens.
Deep water Prizm is... Prizm.

So basicly, they are different.
DWP is specialized for "water" environment, so if you intent to use this lens for daily activities, driving, walking,... you may see some purple / pink glare on the surface of things.

Oakley VR28BIP won't have that "effect", but not a perfect choice for fishing, surfing, etc.

Make your choice.

VR28BIP is polarized lens.
Deep water Prizm is... Prizm.

So basicly, they are different.
DWP is specialized for "water" environment, so if you intent to use this lens for daily activities, driving, walking,... you may see some purple / pink glare on the surface of things.

Oakley VR28BIP won't have that "effect", but not a perfect choice for fishing, surfing, etc.

Make your choice.
DWP is also polarized.

It’s not Deep Water Prizm, it’s Prizm Deep Water Polarized.
IMG_9149.png

I follow the term that @KStroop mention at first post, so yes, my mistake.

They are both polarized.

The Prizm deep water polarized still has some special "issue" that you might concern before buy it.

"Is the lack of iridium because it has the prizm?"
No, they are giving different effects.

Iridium is how people look at you.
Prizm is how you look at everything.

Oakley still sometimes combining those technology to create the best product, sometimes they don't.

I follow the term that @KStroop mention at first post, so yes, my mistake.

They are both polarized.

The Prizm deep water polarized still has some special "issue" that you might concern before buy it.

"Is the lack of iridium because it has the prizm?"
No, they are giving different effects.

Iridium is how people look at you.
Prizm is how you look at everything.

Oakley still sometimes combining those technology to create the best product, sometimes they don't.
IMG_9150.gif

I love both prizm deep water and vr28 black iridium polarized. I think they are ‘relatively’ similar looking through them (obviously they look different from the outside). Prizm tungsten polarized and Prizm shallow water fit in this niche as well.

Back