• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Prizm" etching without the P but still Polar?

AntonisCy

Oakley Beginner
I recently ordered a couple of replacement Prizm Polarized lenses for my sunglasses.

Although the boxes say polarized on them they only have "Prizm" etched and not "Prizm P"

Is the latter something that has been done recently and i just have a older batch?

Thanks

The original polarized prizm lenses didn't come with the "P" etching. I remember at the store it created alot of confusion.

If you want to verify, look through them at your monitor and turn them 90 deg to see if they shift
I just got a pair of Crosshairs from Jomashop that say Prizm on the lens but I ordered Polarized and Prizm lenses. They pass the computer test. I was going to return them before reading this comment.. Your saying the older Prizm and Polarized lenses say "Prizm" and not "Prizm P"... What did lenses that were Prizm but not polarized say lol?

The first run of prizm polarized lenses did not include the "P" to designate the fact that they were polarized. Both polarized and non polarized lenses just carried the "prizm" etching. Obviously this was confusing.

As an example here is an offical image of the crosshair with prizm black polarized. No P included.
image.jpeg

The first run of prizm polarized lenses did not include the "P" to designate the fact that they were polarized. Both polarized and non polarized lenses just carried the "prizm" etching. Obviously this was confusing.

As an example here is an offical image of the crosshair with prizm black polarized. No P included.
View attachment 1058093
Those are the ones I bought! Thank you. Youre right that is confusing and I can see why they made the switch.

I heard that when you custom make glasses on Oakley's website the lenses don't have any etching on them. I find that odd because it's not like you can get custom lenses, shouldn't all the lenses come off an assembly line already etched?

I heard that when you custom make glasses on Oakley's website the lenses don't have any etching on them. I find that odd because it's not like you can get custom lenses, shouldn't all the lenses come off an assembly line already etched?
It's because you can choose your own etching when ordering a custom pair.

I ordered some Rx sunglasses in Prizm (not polarized) directly that didn’t even have the etched O logo like they’re supposed to. I’m skeptical it was the model that prevented it, just a lapse.

Latest Posts

Back