• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Field vs Prizm Road Jade

Tauskas

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,
I'm looking to get my first Oakley prescription Sunglasses. Want to use them for outdoor sport like tennis, beach volleyball and thinking about Flak 2.0 XL frame. Just deciding which lenses should I pick. Prizm Field seems best for outdoor sports, but I've added Prizm Road Jade just because I like the green mirror finish more. Looking at description both lenses have rose base and 15% VLT.
Is there any difference between these two lenses other than finish color?

They are very different lens. Prizm road jade has a rose/purple appearance when looking through, Prizm field is more rose/pink. Both are awesome lens but I feel like they are quite different. Is there any way you can try either lens on? I find both lens are either you love em or hate em, and I’d hate to spend money on Rx lens only to find out I dont like them.

They are very different lens. Prizm road jade has a rose/purple appearance when looking through, Prizm field is more rose/pink. Both are awesome lens but I feel like they are quite different. Is there any way you can try either lens on? I find both lens are either you love em or hate em, and I’d hate to spend money on Rx lens only to find out I dont like them.
So far I only could try Prizm Jade (that seemed purple ish). Prizm Road (more pink) and Prizm Black Polarized (no added colour just darker).
I would definitely need to try Prizm Field, but so far I like Prizm Black Polarized most as all the colours do pop and stay natural (does Polarized make any difference to view or just takes glare off?)

So far I only could try Prizm Jade (that seemed purple ish). Prizm Road (more pink) and Prizm Black Polarized (no added colour just darker).
I would definitely need to try Prizm Field, but so far I like Prizm Black Polarized most as all the colours do pop and stay natural (does Polarized make any difference to view or just takes glare off?)
Polarized doesn’t change the view much, just less glare. For sports it seems like a lot of people don’t prefer polarized. Prizm grey and prizm black (non polarized) are both great lens that have subtle contrast but can still be used for sports if you like that. Prizm black handles bright sunlight well, prizm grey is a better mid-light lens. I like both of them!

Polarized doesn’t change the view much, just less glare. For sports it seems like a lot of people don’t prefer polarized. Prizm grey and prizm black (non polarized) are both great lens that have subtle contrast but can still be used for sports if you like that. Prizm black handles bright sunlight well, prizm grey is a better mid-light lens. I like both of them!
For me, there wasn't a huge factor in polarization except when driving in my car which doesn't exactly have the best windshield (even with cleaning the windshield itself has reflection of the dash and all), and the polarized lens helps with that.

Out and about, if the lens cuts/darkens a bit of blue, it's almost the same feeling many people expect from polarized glasses when glare itself isn't a factor, in which case most of my rose tint lens such as Trail or DWP has that 'deepening' effect that feels similar especially when there's not a lot of water or reflections around for comparison.

So seems that there's really only two large factors to consider for polarized lens :

• Are you going to be around a lot of water surfaces or heavy amount of reflective surfaces (cities/traffic with all the glass etc)?
  • Will you be spending most of your time behind another pane of glass that isn't anti-reflective?

Back