• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
Oakley has continued to innovate sports including golf by taking eyewear technology to the next level. Prizm Golf and Dark Golf lenses are just another example of this innovation! Oakley Prizm lenses provide the clearest color and contrast-enhancing built for your environment. And for golf, that means spotting your ball, hazards, and more. Keep reading for our full Oakley Prizm Golf review and comparison of Prizm Golf and Dark Golf lenses!
And be sure to also check out our complete Oakley Prizm Guide and the Best Oakley Golf Sunglasses for more!

What is Oakley Prizm Golf?
Oakley Prizm Golf is a...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Firstly, I am not a golfer. However, I do own a pair of G30 lenses and the new Prizm Golf (I like the G30 for low light). All I can say is that the Prizm Golf lenses have a pretty strong red base that was a deal breaker for me personally. I find the G30 lenses are more comfortable to wear.

IMHO they do not really match the simulated picture. I recommend you try before you buy or that you can return.

BIP are great lenses for bright, sunny days but not for golf. they offer no contrast for the greens out on the golf course and are very dark. I'd keep them in the soft vault for when you drive on the road.

I've had G30 in my Flak Jackets and got them when I got Fast Jackets. I now have Flak 2.0 and tried the Prizm Golf lenses and really like them over the G30. a little more contrast, brightens things up a bit more. I wore them Friday morning. it was overcast then opened up and bright sun. never had to take them off. I really like them. definitely try them out.

same here. Had g30 lenses which were great at the time it came out for golf but Prizm Golf is a game changer.
Greater contrast and definition on the course and seems to work better over a wider range of light conditions:
Low light and bright sunny days.

Can't go wrong with the newer technology.

Played a few holes yesterday with them and really liked them. I used to always take my sunglasses off to put, unnecessary with those lenses.

I've worn mine for about 40 rounds this year. I never used to like sunglasses on the course but I've worn Oakley's numerous times in the past and always took them off to putt. I never take the Prizms off. There just isn't any distortion. They really pop out the imperfections on the greens and make it easier to see subtle breaks.

How do they perform on very bright sunny days? My eyes are more sensitive to light, and black iridium polarized works great for me in most situations. I can wear them on cloudy overcast days as well. I'm afraid prizm golf may allow too much light to pass through.

How do they perform on very bright sunny days? My eyes are more sensitive to light, and black iridium polarized works great for me in most situations. I can wear them on cloudy overcast days as well. I'm afraid prizm golf may allow too much light to pass through.

At 30% trans for golf, that'll likely be a problem for you. Baseball outfield, Daily Polar, and the two waters are the prizms with the lowest light trans, from 15% - 12%.

Latest Posts

Back