• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Gray or ?

prisoner6

Oakley Beginner
I have to get my Oakleys in Rx, so it makes it hard to just go look and see.

I really like the "pop" of Prizm that I have tried.

I have found that with DWP and Sapphire that the view changes from the center to the edge. I love the look through the center, but you get that greenish fade at the edge.

So I'm looking for a Prizm lens, that gives the pop, but has a good edge to edge view. Like Dark Golf has. But a little darker than Dark Golf.

I was thinking Prizm Gray, but not sure if its too dull. Bronze based tend to be more brightness than I am looking for.

Any ideas?

Prizm tungsten, Prizm road black, and Prizm daily polarized would all be great fits. Might need to just try them on and see which one‘s color tone you prefer (i know you wont be able to see very clearly, but can at least get an idea for color/contrast).

I have not had the color change at the edge with deep water polarized, but definitely with Sapphire.

I don't see any color shift at edge at all with Tungsten Polarized, shallow water, trail. Nor have I had that with Prizm Daily, 24k, or Rose gold when I had them.

I think any lens where the color change is visible at the front at an angle it will likely have the shift from behind as well.

Prizm Tungsten (17%) definitely pops and it is darker than dark golf (20%).

24K isn't as boosted as Tungsten but very similar and warm, but is darker at about 11%.

If you like the look of deep water polarized, minus the color shift at the edge (I'm assuming due to lens curvature of your frame of choice), Prizm Daily is nearly identical (also a rose base) in tone, but a little subtler on the warm/contrast. Those two are very very close in appearance, but doesn't not have a color mirror in front.

It is also a hair darker than DWP.

I have not had the color change at the edge with deep water polarized, but definitely with Sapphire.

I don't see any color shift at edge at all with Tungsten Polarized, shallow water, trail. Nor have I had that with Prizm Daily, 24k, or Rose gold when I had them.

I think any lens where the color change is visible at the front at an angle it will likely have the shift from behind as well.

Prizm Tungsten (17%) definitely pops and it is darker than dark golf (20%).

24K isn't as boosted as Tungsten but very similar and warm, but is darker at about 11%.
You may be right about the color shift. The Mainlink XL is a pretty big lens.

I don't think I can still get Prizm Daily in Rx. Tungsten may be an option, not sure if I want to go that bright.

You may be right about the color shift. The Mainlink XL is a pretty big lens.

I don't think I can still get Prizm Daily in Rx. Tungsten may be an option, not sure if I want to go that bright.
It's weird hearing that tungsten is bright... but I also tend to use trail most of the time.

24K if it's available as RX will go darker than DWP, doesn't color cast, and has a similar feel to Tungsten.

Back