• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm lenses in Oakley eyeglass frame?

phased

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,
Hoping I can get some clarity (& closure!) on this issue. I own a pair of Oakley Leadline RX Frames in 52 eye size (OX8175-0252).
I want to have them fitted with Oakley prescription Prizm Tungsten sunglass lenses but the local Oakley dealer in my state (OPSM - in Australia) is telling me Oakley will only put RX lenses in RX frames. Hence, Oakley Prizm lenses cannot be fitted. There is an interstate dealer that is telling me that this is not the case and that they can order Prizm Tungsten lenses (but not Golf or Dark Golf, strangely).
Can anyone tell me definitively what can and cannot be done by Oakley? Thanks!

From what I understand ordering RX for customers in the United States, Oakley can do clear, transitions, and standard iridium sunglass lenses in RX frames. You can only do Prizm lenses in sunglass frames, and all sunglass lenses only come in 1.59 polycarbonate. @Chris A Hardaway is the RX pro

From what I understand ordering RX for customers in the United States, Oakley can do clear, transitions, and standard iridium sunglass lenses in RX frames. You can only do Prizm lenses in sunglass frames, and all sunglass lenses only come in 1.59 polycarbonate. @Chris A Hardaway is the RX pro
Thanks. The frame is the Leadline in size 52 (OX8175-0252). Oakley actually offers the Leadline in sunglass form (but it is a larger eye size). Maybe this'll help?

Thanks. The frame is the Leadline in size 52 (OX8175-0252). Oakley actually offers the Leadline in sunglass form (but it is a larger eye size). Maybe this'll help?
You would have to do the sunglass version.

@phased RX SUNGLASSES lenses can be done in an RX Ophthalmic frame here in the USA. Though it is true that the lens "tints" are limited. YOU CAN NOT GET PRIZM LENSES (well you can get prizm gaming, but not Prizm Sun). You CAN GET Clear, Transitions (Brown or Grey - Not iridium transitions)... You can get IRIDIUM LENSES (old skool colors, not new school prizm).

I'd say move forward ordering Tungsten Iridium or Tungsten Iridium Polarized. Good luck

Problem solved, well question answered anyway ;)

Latest Posts

Back