• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Maritime!

Am wearing it cycling in the city now and it is incredible. A cleaer better world! Definitely fine for daily wear in a non maritime context!

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Can just see the early cherry blossoms in the background - Tokyo.

Last edited:
Woooo. Too bad I'm not in the army any longer or they would have been irresistible. (The Five squared is one of the frames the wife, my daughter and myself all can wear so there is usually a pair in each car)

Great to hear from all the Fives Squared fans (small headed folk like me, I guess!)

It's the most comfortable plastic frame I've tried and like others I have a few frames. Also, agree that the with rubber nose bits is better than the first version without (or the Asia fit which also didn't come with those small rubber bits).

In terms of lack of replacement lenses, as it's a 8.75 lens, Big Tacos are obviously an option for custom cuts. But I wonder whether any of the Fast or Flaks would fit. If so, then there would be plenty of donor options.

View attachment 234962

Can just see the early cherry blossoms in the background - Tokyo.

PS the actual pair came with a matte black frame (shown in my first post) but i switched to a grey smoke frame that's already scratched up to keep that gorgeous black one for later. Just for those who maybe thinking of trying to get this SI pair and using this pic of me to decide!

I have a pair of these as well, in addition to every other version of the fives squared :unsure:. If you fish in rivers, etc (fly-fishing especially) they are incredible. I wish the folks at Oakley had more replacement lens options available for this frame. One of my favorites in a long time due to my child-sized head.

I was cycling along a canal in Tokyo this morning in bright sunshine. Stopped and looked into the water. I could see fish completely clearly 20-40cm under the surface. I didn't even know there were fish there. Without the shades on, just a bright impenetrable water surface glare, bringing squinting and tears to my eyes.

All I can say is, this is an unfair advantage to humans. Give the fish a chance fly-fishermen and women and DON'T wear these lenses.

I posted a 'buying' ad for a Fives Squared SI model, not really expecting to get lucky. How wrong I was.

@sisson16 PM-ed me to say he was planning to put in an SI order shortly and would add my item to his cart! So in went an order for a Fives Squared SI edition, Matte Black with Prizm Maritime Polarized.

They arrived today and are everything I hoped they would be. The Maritime lens looks stunning inside and out. I'm going to be testing it out as daily wear next week.

This reminds me how generous OF members can be. For no profit and plenty of extra hassle (shipping overseas, multiple PMs, etc) sisson16, didn't hesitate. What's more, he made the purchase for me before I had paid, on trust.

Here's to you sisson16 and all of the members here who help out strangers. Just shout if you need any Japan limited editions in future :)

View attachment 234016 View attachment 234017 View attachment 234018
Yes, @sisson16 is great to deal with. Didnt know there was a Maritime Prizm lens.