• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm P stamp

Monkey

Oakley Beginner
Earth
I’m not complaining just trying to understand. I bought my first pair of Oakley sun glasses , Flak 2.0 . Ordered it in store with Polarized lenses . But I noticed a few days later (today) that on the lower left of the lenses it says Prizm P while my girlfriend glasses (same kind Flak 2.0) say Polarized

I called the local store and he said that was Normal and Polarized is a old design but on the Oakley site you can order polarized And Prizm Polarized

I have enjoyed them so far but I just want to make sure the sales person didn’t jerk me around and not give me what I wanted or unknowingly gave me something better

Again it’s my first pair of Oakley so I’m learning as I go
No you're good man!
"Prizm" is the name of the lens technology in the lenses themselves. There are Prizm Non-Polarized and there are Prizm Polarized. The "P" simply means that the Prizm lens you have are polarized.

Broccoli

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
7AAB9B7B-F17C-4D52-84B0-BBF7B665C875.jpeg

Finn_69

Oakley Beginner
Older Polarized lenses (Non-prizm) will have the Polarized Etching. Newer Prizm lenses (post 2017) have the Prizm P etching. There are a few prizm lenses without the 'P' - they were usually from the period from 2014-2018.
Just got to know that. Thanks for sharing