• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road disappointment

Following up for posterity. I replaced the EVZeros with the Smith Attack (go ahead and ban me now ;)) This deal got me some ugly frames but two chromapop lenses including one that appears to be very similar to the Oakley Prizm Trail for less than what the EVZeros would've cost me.

I've now tested out both lenses on sunny days and overcast days and can report my findings. The rose lenses that look like the Prizm trail are excellent. They enhance the contrast but on a cloudy day it helped enhance seeing I had no problem picking out potholes and cracks. They have a bit more light transmission than the trail at 48%, but I expect they perform similarly. On a sunny day, they still do well with the pothole definition in the shade and dappled sunlight. They are maybe slightly too bright on the full sunny areas, but it didn't bother me unless I thought about it. They give everything a slightly pinkish tint. That also didn't bother me, just noting it here.

The Sun Red Mirror Chromapop lenses were also very good. Interestingly, these lenses don't give everything a red tint- they are just like regular black lenses. The don't have the same obvious contrast enhancement that the Prizm Road lenses have, but that makes them more suitable for my needs. In the overcast they were a little dark, but not so dark that I couldn't tell potholes and deep cracks that needed to be avoided from benign cracks that could be ridden over. They were good in the sun as well and fine when going under trees with dappled light.

As for the frames- I the mag lock interchange is very cool and easy to use without getting fingerprint smudges all over the lenses unlike every other lens interchange system I have tried. I would have preferred the attack max with the higher rise over the eyebrows, but wasn't willing to pay $40 more for that. As it is, visibility is excellent in these. On the aerobars I can see over the top (which is why the Attack Max would be better) but with no frame in the way it doesn't impair visibility. Another plus over the Oakleys is the hydrophobic coating is also on the inside of the lens, so sweat beads up more and doesn't impair visibility as much. The comfort, weight and fit of the EVZero is better, though. If they were priced similar I would probably go with the EVZero Stride Prizm Trail for those reasons. Incidentally, I heard the Stride is being discontinued. Maybe there will be some closeout deals soon...

I wonder if all goggles have the same BC? I’m cutting a set of Pink Iridium out of a goggle right now. Prizm Black snow is my next.
Let us know how it goes, I've wanted to try Goggle lenses but it seems like they'd be to thin

Latest Posts

Back