• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road VS Prizm Ruby Polarized

Padma

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I live in Indonesia that have only two seasons. The dry season and rain season. I ride my bike from 05.00 AM until 10.00 AM, but sometimes it takes longer than that, maybe 02.00 PM.

Something that I confused is, I don't know what is best for me, the Prizm Road or Prizm Ruby Polarized. I like riding on sunny condition, and my bike is road bike so I didn't go to deep in the forest. But, when is comes to rain season, most of the day is cloudy. My budget is not much so I must decided to buy the Prizm road or Prizm Ruby Polarized and the frame that I choose is Flight Jacket.

Maybe I can have the best advice.

Thank you

In my opinion, Prizm Road, at 20% transmissibility, is just not dark enough.
Prizm Ruby, at 17%, is only marginally better, but after nine hours on the road, the fact that it's polarized gives it the "win".

So that means prizm ruby polarized > prizm road for long ride.

How about at the shade? Like riding in the road that covered by woods. The prizm ruby polarized is still okay to use? Is it not too dark?

And how about the color? I saw on the web that the prizm road make the road more "BOLD" so we can see better on the road surface. Is the prizm ruby polarized has the same feature?

Sorry for long and lot question..

Thank you for your reply. So that means prizm ruby polarized > prizm road for long ride.

How about at the shade? Like riding in the road that covered by woods. The prizm ruby polarized is still okay to use? Is it not too dark?

And how about the color? I saw on the web that the prizm road make the road more "BOLD" so we can see better on the road surface. Is the prizm ruby polarized has the same feature?

Sorry for long and lot question..

Not necessarily. Light transmissions arent as important as @flyer is saying they are with prizm lenses. Prizm lense filter out certain lights/shadows. Prizm ruby polarized is a surprisingly strong lensebfor 17% transmission. I live in Florida and it stands up to bright light very well. However, prizm road is a sport lense specifically designed for riding your bicycle on the road.

From oakleys website:

PRIZM™ Road lens enhances your vision in both bright light and shadows, helping riders spot changes in the texture of the road surfaces. React faster and perform at your best.

In short: prizm lenses may let in more light, but it let's in the right lights and blocks out the wrong ones

In short: prizm lenses may let in more light, but it let's in the right lights and blocks out the wrong ones
Not necessarily. Light transmissions arent as important as @flyer is saying they are with prizm lenses. Prizm lense filter out certain lights/shadows. Prizm ruby polarized is a surprisingly strong lensebfor 17% transmission. I live in Florida and it stands up to bright light very well. However, prizm road is a sport lense specifically designed for riding your bicycle on the road.

From oakleys website:

PRIZM™ Road lens enhances your vision in both bright light and shadows, helping riders spot changes in the texture of the road surfaces. React faster and perform at your best.

Thank you for your reponse. It's helps alot.

So, because I do cycling, the best lenses I must buy is the Prizm Road.

And how about the Prizm Ruby Polarized, what kind of sports that best for using that lenses? I'm just curious.

And because English is not my first languange.. "Prizm ruby polarized is a surprisingly strong lensebfor 17% transmission. I live in Florida and it stands up to bright light very well." Do you mean that the prizm ruby polarized is still too bright or the prizm ruby polarized can block the bright very well?

Thank you for your reponse. It's helps alot.

So, because I do cycling, the best lenses I must buy is the Prizm Road.

And how about the Prizm Ruby Polarized, what kind of sports that best for using that lenses? I'm just curious.

And because English is not my first languange.. "Prizm ruby polarized is a surprisingly strong lensebfor 17% transmission. I live in Florida and it stands up to bright light very well." Do you mean that the prizm ruby polarized is still too bright or the prizm ruby polarized can block the bright very well?

Prizm ruby blocks the light very well. It may work well for what you require.

Prizm road is specifically designed for road cycling sports.

Prizm ruby blocks the light very well. It may work well for what you require.

Prizm road is specifically designed for road cycling sports.

Prizm ruby at the shadow is still good to see? Or not recommended at shadow?

Latest Posts

Back