• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fremmy

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

I'm a cyclist who is really torn between the new flight jackets Prizm road and Prizm Sapphire lens. Has anyone owned both? Thoughts? Is the Prizm Sapphire the same lens and filtering for the snowboarding goggles? Do the sapphires work for road cycling? Or is the light filtering more for snow and white landscapes?

I guess I want to know if sapphire is also just as good for filtering light as the road lens is. Or is the road lens noticably better for it?

Thanks!!

I use both, Road for when I go through forest trails and Sapphire when riding on streets. They are both great contrast lenses, but Sapphire seems to work much better in direct sunlight with little shade vs. road. I don’t mind using road for direct sun, but I do find sapphire to sometimes be a little too dark for shade. Hard to see everything when cycling through a forest preserve.

Hi guys,

I'm a cyclist who is really torn between the new flight jackets Prizm road and Prizm Sapphire lens. Has anyone owned both? Thoughts? Is the Prizm Sapphire the same lens and filtering for the snowboarding goggles? Do the sapphires work for road cycling? Or is the light filtering more for snow and white landscapes?

I guess I want to know if sapphire is also just as good for filtering light as the road lens is. Or is the road lens noticably better for it?

Thanks!!

It isn't the same as the snow lens. They probably work fine for road cycling, Prizm road is probably a bit better though. See above as well.

I use both, Road for when I go through forest trails and Sapphire when riding on streets. They are both great contrast lenses, but Sapphire seems to work much better in direct sunlight with little shade vs. road. I don’t mind using road for direct sun, but I do find sapphire to sometimes be a little too dark for shade. Hard to see everything when cycling through a forest preserve.

Awesome! That helps a lot. Do the Prizm Sapphire help bring out any cracks, bump, etc just as well as the road lens does?

It isn't the same as the snow lens. They probably work fine for road cycling, Prizm road is probably a bit better though. See above as well.

Thanks for clarifying! I couldn't find any info clarifying that they were different

Back