• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road vs Road Jade? Opinions?

I too tried prizm road jade and didn’t care for them. I would prefer prizm road black as my first option, I don’t know if it is the iridium or what but I feel like black and regular prizm road have a bit ‘warmer’ view when looking through, whereas prizm road jade has a colder ‘purple’ appearance. They are each awesome lenses and each person’s eyes are different, just my .02.
wow thats interesting....as this fella said that too>

i am down to road jade vs sapphire in the sutro lite.....what do you all say? I have road and road blk(in sutro s) and trail torch now.

I thought Road Black would be too dark - but I was wrong. Suggestion - gauge two things: (1) the general conditions and (2) your eyes light sensitivity.

Generally I prefer more light but find myself squinting a lot. I like to be in open areas, am in sunny areas but not at high elevation and not in a desert. I found the Road 20% VLT way to light and impossible on sunny days. Prizm Field is a good compromise on sunny days and then found that Prizm Black seems much lighter than it is and noticeably lighter than straight Prizm Black.

Since I'm riding and walking in general open areas, sidewalks, parks, not really trails or a lot of overhead coverage, the Road Black is excellent, especially clarity and slight, subtle contrast that provides a little richness and saturation without too much rose.

Back