• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
The sapphire mist Holbrook’s came with the sapphire prizm and the other is supposed to be prizm sapphire polarized from the lens guy.

I wish they made violet prizm

The sapphire mist Holbrook’s came with the sapphire prizm and the other is supposed to be prizm sapphire polarized from the lens guy.

I wish they made violet prizm

I believe I’ve seen Prizm Violet in a Frog.

Does the Iridium on your Holbrook lenses look identical or is one set of lenses more purple or turquoise compared to the other set of lenses?

It’s a little hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the lenses in the Mist frame are more purplish. We know that the Iridium coating can affect the appearance of the base tint so maybe that’s why you are seeing a difference when looking through the lens.

I’ve got both in Jawbreaker form. I’ll have to take a gander tomorrow, but I recall the the PSP looking different. Darker base. I’ll report back.

I believe I’ve seen Prizm Violet in a Frog.

Does the Iridium on your Holbrook lenses look identical or is one set of lenses more purple or turquoise compared to the other set of lenses?

It’s a little hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the lenses in the Mist frame are more purplish. We know that the Iridium coating can affect the appearance of the base tint so maybe that’s why you are seeing a difference when looking through the lens.

Honestly, they look slightly different but only slightly. I’m just finding it hard to believe that a slight difference in iridium coating looks like it’s changed the whole base of the lens. Unless these lenses I got from lens guy aren’t Prizm Sapphire Polars haha

Bc the prizm sapphires are straight from the most pair so...I’ll have to try to get better comparisons this weekend.

Prizm Sapphire (from Crysal Pop) - Prizm Sapphire Polarized (from Sapphire Fade)

48322364952_8121d7ffe8_z.jpg

48322247886_369f02c6e6_z.jpg

Are prizm sapphire polarized lenses have different colour like purple and little bit of gold around the edges? I have sapphire lenses that don't have different colour around the edges, it is very consistent unlike this sapphire fade prizm sapphire polarized lens.
20190802_082510.jpg

I think the color of the lens also has to do with the curvature of the lens and from what angle or direction most of the light is coming from. A Jawbreaker lens is very curved and especially at the edges of the lens color variations are noticeable. I also own a Split Shot prizm sapphire polarized which is also curved but not as much as a jawbreaker and the edges often look purple but the middle of the lens almost looks green-ish instead of blue sometimes.
CC36663E-18DA-4CED-B70E-9BC44B79AC4E.jpeg

Hi,

Looking at getting some holbrook prism sapphire. Not sure whether to go polarized or non polarized.

Is there a colour difference between the two on the outside? I.e is one more purple?

Thanks

Not much difference from a color/tint standpoint other than the obvious polarized filter which will make the polarized version slightly darker.

Back