• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jay-Da

I should Work at Oakley
PA
Oakley Prizm lenses revolutionized eyewear, and now Prizm Snow lenses are changing the game on the mountain. And leading this charge is the new Oakley Prizm Snow Sapphire Iridium lens!

Keep reading for our full Prizm Snow Sapphire lens review as we take this lens out on the mountain for a day. Plus everything to know before you buy this lens!

Table of Contents
#" class="ez-toc-pull-right ez-toc-btn ez-toc-btn-xs ez-toc-btn-default ez-toc-toggle" style="display: none;
What is Oakley Prizm Snow Sapphire Lens? What color is Prizm Sapphire...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone been using Prizm Snow Sapphire lenses? Was looking to grab a pair for my Crossranges but I'm a little hesitant. Are they good for everyday use? How heavy is the iridium? Thanks!
I like them a lot. Very comfortable on the eyes. I have them in a pair of X-Squareds.

Disclaimer - I’m not a lens expert at all. Pardon the lack of jargon.

From the outside, they have a bluish (almost purplish) iridium tinge to them. Has a unique tint about them. It is reflective, but fairly mild. Becomes more “reflective” in low light.

From the inside, has a reddish basecoat.

I found them best used for any conditions that don’t involve super bright sunlight. Ie cloudy days are perfect, overcast, low light conditions.
740BB535-687C-4950-A943-12F9D7AB359A.jpeg
836E7142-D7E9-4768-868A-F1D9B5CE9BBF.jpeg

I find them very good for mid to bright conditions. 13% transmission is sort of middle range. Snow Black are for extremely bright conditions, with 6% transmission
In super sunny days, I find they don’t cut down enough light for me. But it’s personal preference.

They’re a spectacular looking lens, though

Just got my Prizm Snow lenses today.... holy sh*t, they are awesome! Thanks for the advice dudes! I'm super happy I went with them.

Got a pair too that were too cheap to pass on. And jeez, this lens is pretty extreme! I have asked earlier for something similar to Prizm Trail but darker, and Sapphire snow is sort of that. More purple than orange though, and a bit "too much" in full sunshine. The contrast is greater than with any other lens I've tried. Shadows turn almost black. :oops:

I also got DWP spare lenses at the same time and even though everyone seem to love them I found them quite boring. Very neutral with no perceivable tint at all IMO. I expected something closer to Dark Golf but darker, but no.

Sapphire Snow and DWP obviously have the same iridium, but since DWP is darker and has a less purple tint, they don't look exactly the same from the outside.

Just got my Prizm Snow lenses today.... holy sh*t, they are awesome! Thanks for the advice dudes! I'm super happy I went with them.
So which one is your favorite between Snow Sapphire and Snow Torch?
I have Snow Sapphire great lens when there are no sun glare. Since it is not polarized, I found that DWP is better lenses, when driving or walking directly at sun in the Texas summer.

Back