• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm snow torch vs Trail torch.

skg

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

i have prizm snow sapphire on my radars, and they can get a little too dark in snowy and dark weather. I need some lense that can fit that spot. Was thinking of snow torch, trail torch, low light, (or maybe even golf, road). My thought process is that low light will basically only be used in really dark snowy weather and that the torch lenses are better allround. Th lens will also be used in summer alongside the snow sapphire or ruby irdium. Anyone know something about these lenses, particularry st and tt? Which will be better for dark snowy days and darker summer days?

Thank you very much

Trail torch has 35% LT.

Snow Sapphire is 13% and Snow Torch is 17%.

Low Light is 75%.

If your looking for something that might still be somewhat useful in low light but still have some kind of tint, trail torch might be good

Trail torch has 35% LT.

Snow Sapphire is 13% and Snow Torch is 17%.

Low Light is 75%.

If your looking for something that might still be somewhat useful in low light but still have some kind of tint, trail torch might be good
Thanks. Do you know if the prizm effect in the different lenses are very different, or are they mostly the same but with different vlt. Like the tt for trails and st for snow, big difference in colours or just vlt?

Thanks. Do you know if the prizm effect in the different lenses are very different, or are they mostly the same but with different vlt. Like the tt for trails and st for snow, big difference in colours or just vlt?

Both TT and ST are a rose base lens. From my experience, they offer offer the same feel with varying levels of vlt

Trail torch is a very all round lens, although it has at 35% , it still much more usable than the previous trail. Snow torch has light transmission of 17%, it is little bit dark but not too much dark. It is lighter of all snow prizm lenses. I think trail torch would be perfect out of three.

Trail torch is a very all round lens, although it has at 35% , it still much more usable than the previous trail. Snow torch has light transmission of 17%, it is little bit dark but not too much dark. It is lighter of all snow prizm lenses. I think trail torch would be perfect out of three.
Okay, so the snow torch and sapphire basically covers the same area, thought the torch was for much darker days?

Yes. For darker days, you can use trail torch and also trail, if you do not have problem with the intense contrast trail provides.

i love snow sapphire..and trail torch....road prizm is my all round fav though

i recently purchased the przm snow black iridum lenses and they are kinda red tint and seems that they have been straining my eyes, anyone experience anything like that before?

i recently purchased the przm snow black iridum lenses and they are kinda red tint and seems that they have been straining my eyes, anyone experience anything like that before?
Are you in bright sunshine? This happened to me too with that lens and I think it’s just too dark for me. Prizm black polarized and prizm road black didn’t give me any trouble.

Back