• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Sports vs Prizm Everyday

Tauskas

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

Is there a really big difference, between all of the Prizm lenses? By my intended use, Prizm Field does suit best, judging by description (as I would be using it for outdoor sports). But I don't really like the view that Field lenses gives (adding rose/orange to the vision) and as well it's not the color I would prefer to from outside.
I've tried Prizm Jade, mainly because I do like green mirror, but I do like how I see through them much more as well (a slight purple).
I haven't tried any lenses while at specific activities, but is there a big difference between sport specific lenses and everyday lenses? Is there any lenses that wouldn't be recommended for any activities?
Is it fair to say that all Prizm Everyday lenses are good for literally any activity or sport? And Prizm Sport lenses does give a slight edge to certain colours, but it's not a big difference.
I kind of want to understand if I should get Prizm Field, because it will be way better to play Tennis, Beach Volleyball or I should go with Prizm Jade which I like more how it looks inside/out and still have a good performing lenses for tennis and beach volleyball.

Sport Specific lenses are tuned to deliver a higher contrast boost compared to everyday lenses and most of the Sport Prizm lenses are non-polarized (with the exception of Deep Water and Shallow Water Prizm).

Sport-specific will be better for that specific sport, but if you're looking for an all-around pair, an everyday lens like Prizm Sapphire will give you all-around contrast/color boost plus a cool lens appearance.

Sport-specific will be better for that specific sport, but if you're looking for an all-around pair, an everyday lens like Prizm Sapphire will give you all-around contrast/color boost plus a cool lens appearance.

Personally I don't care for Sapphire that much, actually liked Prizm Daily better in terms of still being pretty close to neutral and having a little contrast. Sapphire had this kind of annoying color shift at the edge depending on viewing angle that isn't exhibited in Prizm Daily.

Deep Water Polarized is a slight warmer sport-oriented lens to that, that I feel could be as good for everyday usage in brighter conditions.

And then you got people like me using Prizm Trail almost daily for everything from rainy days to just shy of bright sunshine.

Back