• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm vs non prizm

wysatta1

Oakley Enthusiast
Texas
So i have been busy this past year with lots of family issues and whatnot and haven't been near as much into Oakley as I should have been. I see they finally released prizm to the public which interests me greatly.
However as much as I search online I can't seem to find direct comparisons of prizm to their counterparts ie
road to 00 red
Trail to vr28 blue
golf to g30
daily to 00 black

If anyone has any comparisons of the lenses looking through and at the front, I would greatly apreciate it!

Thanks that helps me with the road comparison. What about the others?
Looking to maybe pick all of them up

Thanks that helps me with the road comparison. What about the others?
Looking to maybe pick all of them up

I had some posts later in that thread showing trail, but not in comparison to anything. I can say, though, that there's a bigger difference between trail and VR28 Blue - the VR28 base is more brownish, colors look more (over?) saturated, and light trans % is less: 36% for trail vs. 26% for VR28 Blue.

Golf vs. G30, that one's probably closer; both have the same trans %. I would expect the contrast to be a little bit better with Prizm but it may not be enough to be worth upgrading, that'd be subjective.

I would expect daily vs. OO black to be similar to the road vs. OO red comparison, only with a lower light trans %.

The only problem with the prizm daily polarized is that people can see your eyes, a feature that I know a lot of people dislike

The only problem with the prizm daily polarized is that people can see your eyes, a feature that I know a lot of people dislike
I've never understood why people have this issue, but it's not uncommon.

The Daily Prizm lens is fantastic, and an easy upsell from standard polarized lenses.

I've never understood why people have this issue, but it's not uncommon.

The Daily Prizm lens is fantastic, and an easy upsell from standard polarized lenses.
Me neither. I have lenses with high light transmission %s, of course people can see my eyes through them - and it's not an issue.

thats easy
wearing "mirrors" ppl can literally stare at everything with no consequences, mainly female body parts :p

thats easy
wearing "mirrors" ppl can literally stare at everything with no consequences, mainly female body parts :p
there are times when getting "caught looking" can be a benefit.

Don't stare(that is rude), but I don't mind when people take notice of my GF, or the rare occasion when I'm getting checked out.

People that need to hide their eyes so that they don't get caught staring are creepy.

Latest Posts

Back