• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PK_ZA painting Pros and Ms

Figured out how to clear coat without destroying the finish.
Did a couple coats of water based polyurethane varnish, let that cure, and followed it up with a couple coats of clear lacquer
IMG_20220519_073408.jpg
IMG_20220519_073341.jpg
IMG_20220519_073336.jpg

Thanks dude.

Undecided on the lens. I have a TON of Heaters to choose from so think it's going to be a bit of trial and error until I find what pops.

What do you usually pair with neon frames?

Fire always looks good. + red or even g26

It really just depends on the look I’m going for, as Q said, black looks good with neons especially since you’ve got some black in the frame. Some frames I’ll go with a color that I didn’t include in the frame. Really comes down to personal preference and once I choose a lens for something I’ve painted it’s one and done. I do not swap lenses because you are just asking for the paint to chip.

It really just depends on the look I’m going for, as Q said, black looks good with neons especially since you’ve got some black in the frame. Some frames I’ll go with a color that I didn’t include in the frame. Really comes down to personal preference and once I choose a lens for something I’ve painted it’s one and done. I do not swap lenses because you are just asking for the paint to chip.
Thanks for the input, @qtrain23 and @Pumpkin King

The beauty of this M Frame project is that the lenses should be a little easier to get in and out without putting the paint in too much jeopardy. Still have to be careful though for sure.

I have a black iridium spare atm so might just play it safe and go with that this time round.

I have a couple more project/beater frames in the bank and a box of Heaters without a home so I'm looking forward to playing with some different combos going forward.

Latest Posts

Back