• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PRO M Frame is Back?

Hitech Vojtech

I should Work at Oakley
Shanghai,China
Saw multiple pics of Contador riding PRO M frames...seem either they bring the frames back.or he is so desperate that riding old oakley bring him luck in bad season aand all crashes?
anyway on the pic from profile seems like rubbers are different with more grip...would be awesome to see these frames back...so kickasss

IMG_20160827_225711.jpg

IMG_20160827_225756.jpg

IMG_20160827_225622.jpg

From the pics it seems like old Pro M frames (chrome and yellow). Still,those things are nice

Yeah he's had that chrome Tarmac for a while now (since the Dauphine in June I believe) but he was always using either Radarlocks or Radar EVs there and the races afterwards.

But he's newer to Oakley sponsorship, don't think he be riding old stock out of nostalgia. I don't recall the retina color for the Pro model either, just the Mumbo generation LeMond had in the TDF

It's likely he's riding out of preference. The thing is, any athlete can be given almost any sports frame in any color.
Other riders were using the Eyeshade and Razorblade, which granted, have more recent production, but it's not like the Pro M mold or stock has been definitely wiped out.

As a functional resource, it would be smart to bring it back. As a marketable measure, not so much imo. How I see things, is Oakley was a bit disorganized in having the M series co-exist with the Radar. They never seemed certain with how to market the M2 because I don't recall any athletes really wearing them, and the fit wasn't so widely-accommodating.

If the EV was given a more intentional swap-able or adjustable nose bridge height system* (building on Radar and Radar XL having interchangeable pieces), and added maybe a few more lens options (I'd say an "XL Path", and two Range offerings that shoot more downward at standard nose and XL heights), it's a shield system that is all-capable and properly building upon the original M-Frame. But no, they won't do that for whatever reason — at least for now

*if this ever happens, called it.

It's likely he's riding out of preference. The thing is, any athlete can be given almost any sports frame in any color.
Other riders were using the Eyeshade and Razorblade, which granted, have more recent production, but it's not like the Pro M mold or stock has been definitely wiped out.

As a functional resource, it would be smart to bring it back. As a marketable measure, not so much imo. How I see things, is Oakley was a bit disorganized in having the M series co-exist with the Radar. They never seemed certain with how to market the M2 because I don't recall any athletes really wearing them, and the fit wasn't so widely-accommodating.

If the EV was given a more intentional swap-able or adjustable nose bridge height system* (building on Radar and Radar XL having interchangeable pieces), and added maybe a few more lens options (I'd say an "XL Path", and two Range offerings that shoot more downward at standard nose and XL heights), it's a shield system that is all-capable and properly building upon the original M-Frame. But no, they won't do that for whatever reason — at least for now

*if this ever happens, called it.
Yea that is true. It just seems odd the timing and as high profile he is to be riding out of preference such an old model if you will. Training rides, single day classics or something else maybe. I guess it's best to say I am going with my wants influencing and hope this is a sign of a Pro-M or evolution of it to return, even if only temporarily. 2016 is the twenty year anniversary for this model release so...fall/winter release maybe?

Latest Posts

Back