• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PRO M Frame is Back?

Yea that is true. It just seems odd the timing and as high profile he is to be riding out of preference such an old model if you will. Training rides, single day classics or something else maybe. I guess it's best to say I am going with my wants influencing and hope this is a sign of a Pro-M or evolution of it to return, even if only temporarily. 2016 is the twenty year anniversary for this model release so...fall/winter release maybe?

I guess that make sense (the anniversary thing). I still have a few M frames here , and tons of lenses that I got from the @OakleyTrader15 bundles a few months back. If they bring it out in Retina Burn or Atomic Orange (or AntiFreeze!!!) I'm getting one. :)

i agree with the anniversary release idea....also they bring new zero model this year,why not m frame.....and Contador is top watched sponsored rider i really doubt they would let him ride any glasses he want....and the same time if contador prefer ride old m frames instead of new radars it says a lot about new oakley quality

i agree with the anniversary release idea....also they bring new zero model this year,why not m frame.....and Contador is top watched sponsored rider i really doubt they would let him ride any glasses he want....and the same time if contador prefer ride old m frames instead of new radars it says a lot about new oakley quality

That particular logic is flawed. On a practical basis he should have preference to what he wants to wear over thousands of miles to whatever he believes will help him perform within Oakley's available selection. It'd be a horrible way to treat your star athlete (athlete, not celebrity just walking down the red carpet) if you narrow their section. A lot of riders haven't opted for the latest and greatest in Di2 because they preferred mechanical feel, and many stretched the use of the 7800 crank because that's all SRM could build their unit around for a while. Specialized riders/teams didn't all opt for the Venge Vias because it was a pain in the ass to maintain. Even now, you don't see everyone on full carbon components because it's impractical in the case of crashing.

Outside of cycling, Nike didn't force LeBron to wear his 11th series signature when it wasn't working out for him, and let him wear his yesteryear and takedown Soldier models.

As it is, Contador has worn the Radarlock frequently. Oakley really has nothing to gain over anyone showcasing Radarlocks when there's the newer Radar EV, Jawbreaker, and Zero — but they let him wear it.

That particular logic is flawed. On a practical basis he should have preference to what he wants to wear over thousands of miles to whatever he believes will help him perform within Oakley's available selection. It'd be a horrible way to treat your star athlete (athlete, not celebrity just walking down the red carpet) if you narrow their section. A lot of riders haven't opted for the latest and greatest in Di2 because they preferred mechanical feel, and many stretched the use of the 7800 crank because that's all SRM could build their unit around for a while. Specialized riders/teams didn't all opt for the Venge Vias because it was a pain in the ass to maintain. Even now, you don't see everyone on full carbon components because it's impractical in the case of crashing.

Outside of cycling, Nike didn't force LeBron to wear his 11th series signature when it wasn't working out for him, and let him wear his yesteryear and takedown Soldier models.

As it is, Contador has worn the Radarlock frequently. Oakley really has nothing to gain over anyone showcasing Radarlocks when there's the newer Radar EV, Jawbreaker, and Zero — but they let him wear it.

I agree giving the riders choice with mechanical over Di2 ,or any other model within the range,but most of time Shimano still offer mechanical Dura ace,and Radarlock is still being sold and produced and the customer/fan can buy this current product,but with the PRO M frame,that is long time discontinued,its bit no brainer to me,that they know Contador is on all pics with glasses 16 years old on face? stransge,but lets see,I really hope for the 20 anniversary PRO M edition,its still best sports product imho

Last year he was wearing Radars when everyone else in the pro peleton was using Jawbreakers, Radarlocks and Radar EVs. IMHO He just wanted to use them and got them. Also for Oakley it's not bad when an athlete reminds people about Oakley history. Nostalgia is a strong selling point for Oakley.

They should bring back the Pro M, it's slick and iconic in it's minimalism. Of course we need sweep lenses as well.

p.s. they should kill the M2 while their at it. It looks like a cheap M-frame knock off and they know it...
I agree 100% the time of PRO M is coming back to fashion,sleek,cool sculpture and the fit is so tight and perfect...and they are Light!
just feel like Contador used them as his pavourite pair,...I guess It was wishfull thinking from my side that oakley will bring them back :/

pro m frame with vr28 blue iridium hybrid s ....vr28 blue still the best
Alberto-Contador.jpg

Back