• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pro M Frame Question

I bought a pair of Pro M Frames off a customer of mine (super cheap). Is there a difference in old model mframe lens and newer model lens?

Yes and no. What shape are you looking at, and what vintage is the lens?

Pro M Frames should accept any retail lens you can buy right now. I say "should" and not "will" because I've had normal lenses not quite fit certain frames, small inconsistencies that just wouldn't work together.

I have the heater lens in now, but i tried the strike lens off a brand new pair and it seemed to wide for the frame.

I have several new Strike lenses and I use a few in my Pro frame, but I don't think I've tried them all. I have a couple that wouldn't fit in a 2.0 frame that slipped into my Gen3 without issue.

Subtle variations and inconsistencies. Sometimes they need just the right angle when setting the hooks to go in. I have a Heater that will NOT go into one of my frames, except I was fooling around trying to see what else might not fit and I swear they went in like they were made to (imagine that). Every other time I tried they'd seem to set in the hooks fine, but the nose area of the lens was a good way from being able to fit in the frame.

Back