• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pro M Frame Repair

mgobule002

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

Recently my pair of pros split under the left earsock. I was able to do a quick krazy glue fix on them but does anyone have any ideas on a more permanat and durable fix? I'd love to get these back in working condition. Would love to keep them since the pros are discontinued! Thanks!

That is a tough break there. They can be repaired, but most anything will only be temporary. The stem is so thin there is not really a way to drill and pin them, and most glues will simply fail over time. There are a few expensive cements you can get, and even use a plastic welder or if you have access to a place that does ultrasonic welding, they can stand a better chance of holding up. Probably cheaper to track down a frame on ebay honestly

lots of glue, heat shrink tubing, and a new tight earsock...or a new frame

This may be too late but:
I just broke an M frame of mine. I fixed it and it is really solid, this is what I did

1.) Bought a dremel assorted drill bit pack (the really small ones, $6.49)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OVNS0Y/?tag=oakleyforum04-20
2.) Drilled both sides of the break and then inserted the next size up drill bit into each end, pushed the end over the drill bit leaving a 1/8th inch gap.
3.) Mixed some JB Weld and epoxied about a 1/4" around the break
4.) Let the epoxy cure about twenty minutes then pushed the ends together to fill the gap
5.) Aligned the end with the other side by laying it on a flat surface
6.) Smoothed epoxy
7.) After epoxy fully cured, covered epoxied break with the ear sox

My M-frame fits really tight and this is rock solid

I'm not sure if this is the same as Triton28s process, but here's what I've done with Eye Jacket stems in the past:

Get a piece of 16 gauge galvanized steel wire, about 1.5cm long. The wire is flexible, yet strong, just like the arm material.
Drill into each piece to a 7mm depth.
Fill each hole with epoxy
Press it all together.

It takes some skill to get the hole position and angle correct, but this makes a strong bond.

Latest Posts

Back