• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Problem with Fire lenses

A.D.D.i.c.t.

Oakley Expert
Texas
Just put a set of Fire polarized lenses in my Frogs today. Noticed I see the reflection of my eyes in them as the sun was setting. Very distracting. Is this common? Or an issue with my lens specifically?

Also, when looking more directly at the sun, I see a distinct dot in the center of each lens.

Any help and info is much appreciated.

I noticed it driving home as the sun was setting, you know, when the sun blasts you in the face and you reach for your sun visor.

Love the fire lens, but would hate to pick up more and end up with the same problem.

I have heard of other people having issues with fire. I have never had any problems with them personally. I love fire lenses! They are some of my favorites. Hope they work out for you.

Fire lenses are almost unusable. Every light source produces ghosting, dots and lines all over the place. I've had this problem with several models with original fire lenses, polar and non-polar, XS, Juliets, Half jackets, and even OTT.
It's strange Oakley hasn't done anything about it, a $5 gas station pair with fire lookalike lenses doesn't have this problem...

I can see the reflection of my eyes on many different colors of lenses on frogs when the sun sneaks around the sides, probably just how my face is haha

Back