• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Problem with new polarized lenses

Twch77

Oakley Beginner
Hi I just recently bought some Holbrook jade iridium polarized sunglasses and i've only been wearing them for a couple of days and my eyes get really sore while wearing them. I was wondering if there is a period where my eyes have to adjust to the polarized lenses and that is why they are sore? Has anyone else had this problem before? Thanks.

Some people just can't wear polarized without getting a headache or hurting their eyes..idk if you'll ever "get use to it"..probably better to go with standard lenses

Hi I just recently bought some Holbrook jade iridium polarized sunglasses and i've only been wearing them for a couple of days and my eyes get really sore while wearing them. I was wondering if there is a period where my eyes have to adjust to the polarized lenses and that is why they are sore? Has anyone else had this problem before? Thanks.
Did you buy these DIRECT from Oakley or from somewhere else?

I bought them right from the Oakley outlet store.
Bring them back and ask to swap for another pair.

If you have the same problem it could be you don't like polarized lenses. Is it your first pair of polarized ever?

Bring them back and ask to swap for another pair.

If you have the same problem it could be you don't like polarized lenses. Is it your first pair of polarized ever?
Yes this is my first polarized lenses i've owned. I've just had standard lense Batwolfs before this.

I just called the Oakley store and I guess it's quite a common thing to happen they told me that some people's brains have a hard time with the polarized filter on the lense. I think I will return these for a non-polarized pair. Thanks for the help guys.

I just called the Oakley store and I guess it's quite a common thing to happen they told me that some people's brains have a hard time with the polarized filter on the lense. I think I will return these for a non-polarized pair. Thanks for the help guys.
I'm wondering if your eye doctor can determine if this is a problem for you also.

;)

they told me that some people's brains have a hard time with the polarized filter on the lense.
Interesting. Thank God I am not one of those people. Most of my frames have polarized lenses and I never had a problem. The opposite is the case as polarized lenses are best for my very sensitive eyes. I guess like everything else in life what is good for some people may not be good for others. :)

Back