• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Problems posting from laptop/PC

supersharp

Connoisseur of Grails
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Texas
Has anyone else experienced this problem. The only way I can post is from my phone. I don't have the box at the bottom to post from my laptop. No box and no tools.

Also, if I try to like a post it takes me to a different screen and ask "are you sure you want to like this post" with a yes and no option. Once I choose, then it takes me back to the thread.

The last thing that I've noticed is that if I have alerts, normally I can hover over the alert tab and it will show them. Same with inbox and user name, but it does not show the alerts either. Your help is appreciated.

image.jpg

Check your flash plugin. A good amount of the forum's functionality is flash-based. And I've had goofy things happen before when it was disabled or otherwise not working. Not the exact things you're seeing, but there's been several forum upgrades since then and more stuff might be flash-based.

I'm not very tech savvy so how does one go about checking the flash plugin?

In IE it's tools -> manage add-ons, but it looks like you're using Firefox. That's on my other system which won't be handy for a while but it's something similar.

Last edited:
Back