• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Problems with Quality and Accuracy of Prescription Lenses

Blackjack204

Oakley Beginner
I went to my local Oakley store and bought some Port Bow's with a new Rx. Store associate measured my PD, took my Rx, and went on our ways.

The first set of glasses which came from the lab did not have the proper coating and you could see the circles in the lens which are supposed to be invisible after processing. Rx was reordered.

Just received the new pair and they are blurry from my point of view. Had a -.25 change in the left eye and a -.25 change in the right and I see a significant negative difference between my old glasses and the new oakleys.

If I shift my new Oakleys up from where they naturally sit on my face, my view is much more sharper on the bottom 1/3 of the lens rather then where my pupil sits when naturally wearing the glasses.

My plan is to take these back to my Optometrist and have them measure the lens against my Rx for accuracy, which I believe was filled by the lab incorrectly, and then go back to the local Oakley store.

What are the proper steps that the store associate should be taking to fill an Rx and measurements to ensure that my pupil location is marked accurately? Should they be measuring both pupil distance and my ocular center height? My understanding is that Luxottica brands are supposed to be utilizing the Accufit device to measure the pupil location with a frame, however that Accufit was not utilized at my local Oakley location when placing an order.

Back