• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proceed with Caution with this Seller

So it sounds like @Slawa has some explaining to do...

...nevermind.

I don't get why though? Why go through the trouble of sending someone the wrong item and say just claim your $ back from PayPal? do you withdraw the cash and let them chase you? I mean I guess people do a lot of dumber things for less. like a pretzel or a cheeseburger lol
The address was missing a digit accidentally (or on purpose). A person at this wrong address would have just signed for it and the PayPal tracking for package would have shown it was "delivered".

I don't think @alol would have been able to get his money back if this had happened.

As it turns out, the postman knew that the address was wrong, so was still able to deliver the wrongly addressed package to @alol, hence, he was able to legitimately make a claim.

(Just my theory).

The address was missing a digit accidentally (or on purpose). A person at this wrong address would have just signed for it and the PayPal tracking for package would have shown it was "delivered".

I don't think @alol would have been able to get his money back if this had happened.

As it turns out, the postman knew that the address was wrong, so was still able to deliver the wrongly addressed package to @alol, hence, he was able to legitimately make a claim.

(Just my theory).
Ah. I guess it's just a hypothetical shipping Russian roulette.

If only everyone knew how to or was willing to make an honest buck, they would realize it is easier than scamming.

Ironically, probably the same people calling out people who make a profit legitimately and calling out flippers.

I am writing briefly, live community. there are a lot of people from whom I have bought or sold something and there is no one who was not satisfied. if it didn't work out for a fraudster and would like to show himself to be a poor man, please, if someone thinks I can't do anything. I can only write, if you can't pay then read it. I don't pay your import tax. you other. why do you not report fraud until two months later because, I am not selling you anything. you wanted glasses in need of repair you got them. have fun with it
1F242D78-E999-4154-8F24-10D19A7DDA03.gif

Think @cacatman has hit the nail on the head, With the address being wrong, leaving a digit off & luckily my regular postman is on the ball🙏 so the "sting" didn't materialise!
"Seller" 100% tried to Scam me but didn't forsee what happened above taking place.

I am not alone on here asking for a Write down to try & mitigate additional costs. We have to in the UK as we are unfortunately not, As in a lot of things playing on a level playing field.

Obviously something in your financial life has gone wrong & you have tried to recoup money by Fraudulent means. A "Scammer Seller" 100%

This transaction was "completed" about 6 weeks ago. I normally like to give people "the benefit of the doubt" especially as thankfully I managed to recoup my money through PayPal.

As the seller never actually a) Properly apologised & b) Provided a reasonable reason for why what occurred did, Did.

I did a deal with @Slawa for a complete set Juliet Titanium Gold Iridium boxed and matching. I had actually done business with the seller previously (about 6 months before) it was an Ebay transaction & although I had to pay a fairly significant import fee the item was perfect.

This time around, Not so good. All I received for my £400 was a pair of 10€ reading glasses.

As i said managed to thankfully get my money back but no proper apology or reason compelled me to add this on here.
Why you doing business with someone who has 42 posts ??

Biggest red flag ever...

He could be selling a BNIB XX with the seal still in tact for $200 and I wouldn't even message him...

I am writing briefly, live community. there are a lot of people from whom I have bought or sold something and there is no one who was not satisfied. if it didn't work out for a fraudster and would like to show himself to be a poor man, please, if someone thinks I can't do anything. I can only write, if you can't pay then read it. I don't pay your import tax. you other. why do you not report fraud until two months later because, I am not selling you anything. you wanted glasses in need of repair you got them. have fun with it
You sound like you're using a Google translator...

FYI, not being able to properly speak English is another red flag, because scammers and terrorists don't speak English that well...

Back