• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Progressive Prescription in Sunglasses

Ok, so I'm working on figuring out the PD and segment height. Just curious how this would work. Please excuse my skepticism about purchasing expensive prescription sunglasses from someone on an online forum.

First, to answer your questions:
1. Standard HSTN round frame.
2. Progressive lens, Sapphire Prizm lenses (wanted polarized, but I think you mentioned that couldn't be done).
3. Matte Carbon Frame.

I did try the frame on at my usual eyeglass shop, and they did measurements with some google thing and marked my segment height (didn't realize what the was until your explanation). The only reason I tried to order through Oakley was because they were significantly less expensive than the eyeglass shop, even though the frame price was the same and they reportedly use the Oakley lab to make the lenses.

So, how exactly does this work? Do you work for an eyeglass company? Are you using Oakley lenses? Do I purchase the frames and send them to you? How does payment work? How do I confirm that I am receiving a genuine Oakley product? Again, I apologize for my skepticism.

Thanks,
Greg

Ok, so I'm working on figuring out the PD and segment height. Just curious how this would work. Please excuse my skepticism about purchasing expensive prescription sunglasses from someone on an online forum.

2. Progressive lens, Sapphire Prizm lenses (wanted polarized, but I think you mentioned that couldn't be done).
3. Matte Carbon Frame.

I did try the frame on at my usual eyeglass shop, and they did measurements with some google thing and marked my segment height (didn't realize what the was until your explanation). The only reason I tried to order through Oakley was because they were significantly less expensive than the eyeglass shop, even though the frame price was the same and they reportedly use the Oakley lab to make the lenses.

So, how exactly does this work? Do you work for an eyeglass company? Are you using Oakley lenses? Do I purchase the frames and send them to you? How does payment work? How do I confirm that I am receiving a genuine Oakley product? Again, I apologize for my skepticism.

Thanks,
Greg
Easy

Yes I'm a legit dealer and business owner.

I'll give you all that info in a private message when you are ready.

All Oakley lens are engraved w the O logo. So you'll know they are authentic.

I accept PayPal or when we communicate by message on the forum i can give you my phone number and take a credit card by phone. Please view my feedback rating. I think I'm the second highest rated member here.

PayPal and your credit card offer fraud protection so no fears at all.

3. Matte Carbon Frame.

let me know when you get seg height and pd in matching Oakley pricing for you to be kind. Oakley direct would otherwise be cheapest.

Ok, I’m working on getting my PD measured. I have no idea how to go about getting the segment height. My eye doctor doesn’t carry Oakley frames, and the optician won’t give me the info if I don’t buy them there.

I really wish Oakley would just accept my prescription, especially since they have 20% off on the frames right now.

this is a stupid question, but I can’t figure out how to PM on here.

Ok, I’m working on getting my PD measured. I have no idea how to go about getting the segment height. My eye doctor doesn’t carry Oakley frames, and the optician won’t give me the info if I don’t buy them there.

I really wish Oakley would just accept my prescription, especially since they have 20% off on the frames right now.

this is a stupid question, but I can’t figure out how to PM on here.
I don't know exact rules. Either stay a member 14 plus days and x number of posts. Or just join. Not sure how Oakley thought they could make without seg height.

@Chris A Hardaway any chance you have 1 pair of earsocks for the badman lenses.

Also you can put RX lenses to a pair of shocktube, transitions xtra active.

TIA
I no longer have badman rx earsocks. I used to sell them on ebay.

I can do transitions XtrActive Polycarbonate lenses for a shocktube. In grey, green or brown. But you'll need to mail me the frame ideally for 2 weeks. Let me know if that will work. Pm me your contact info and PD w copy is your rx (script) and I'll send a quote!

I no longer have badman rx earsocks. I used to sell them on ebay.

I can do transitions XtrActive Polycarbonate lenses for a shocktube. In grey, green or brown. But you'll need to mail me the frame ideally for 2 weeks. Let me know if that will work. Pm me your contact info and PD w copy is your rx (script) and I'll send a quote!
Chris i'm figuring how to use tapatalk, it doesn't let me send you pm,

Latest Posts

Back