• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Progressive Prescription in Sunglasses

PunkRockDoc

Oakley Beginner
Hi Everyone,

First time poster. I recently ordered a pair of prescription HSTN frames with polarized lenses from Oakley.com. Today, my order was canceled saying that my prescription was out of parameters for the lenses. They didn't give me any other details. Does anyone have any idea if changing frames or lenses would make a difference?

Of note, I have a pair of Oakley Pitchman R Carbon eyeglasses with a very similar progressive prescription.

Thanks,
PRD

Feel free to send over your RX and a screenshot of your order.
Thanks Chris!

Wasn't sure how to send you a direct message.
My prescription is:
OD: Sphere -3.25 Cyl -0.75 Axis 100 Near Add +1.50

I've attached a screenshot of my order.

I emailed rx_service@oakley.com yesterday with questions, but have yet to hear back.

Capture.JPG

Thanks Chris!

My prescription is:

I emailed rx_service@oakley.com yesterday with questions, but have yet to hear back.

View attachment 972322
I'll message you by end of day. Does this price include the standard HSTN round frame? Or was there an Asian fit/ universal fit? Second you want a progressive w prizm ruby (non polarized) correct? On a carbon colored frame... I'll let you know if i can match that promo price! Write back asap if possible.

Thanks Chris!

My prescription is:

View attachment 972322
It looks like I can do this job for the $533 (crazy low price) with frame and non-polarized lenses.. I can't do the $503. I have no clue why they cancelled your order. I will just need your best estimate, or exact measurement on PD and Seg Height in Millimeters. Or did you order these with single vision distance only??? The price seems like single vision distance only... But perhaps you want to try progressives so you can read and see up close and far better.

Hi Chris, sorry for the late reply.
when I posted this question, I thought that you would just explain my prescription. I guess that you make lenses? I wasn’t expecting to buy a pair here.

I had planned to get progressive lenses since that’s what I have in my regular glasses. I’m not sure what you mean by PD or seg height.

Hi Chris, sorry for the late reply.
when I posted this question, I thought that you would just explain my prescription. I guess that you make lenses? I wasn’t expecting to buy a pair here.

I had planned to get progressive lenses since that’s what I have in my regular glasses. I’m not sure what you mean by PD or seg height.
Your RX is in range. So sounds like you'll wait on Oakley's response ... good luck! Ya if you don't have a PD measurement ir Seg Height for me i can't really help anyway. If you ordered online you would have needed that information for progressive. Maybe that's why they canceled it.

Oakley told me that they can’t do a sphere greater than 3.
everything that was written on my prescription, I listed above. Should I call back my Dr and see if they can give me those values?

Oakley told me that they can’t do a sphere greater than 3.
everything that was written on my prescription, I listed above. Should I call back my Dr and see if they can give me those values?
Did anyone (professional) ever see you in the HSTN universal frame? Your doctor office can give you your PD but they can't give a seg height without seeing you in that specific frame. A segment height is measured from the bottom of the frame/ lens intersection up to your pupil. It is different on every frame. So if i order these for you it'll only be a guess... not the best practice to guess at people's seg heights without seeing them in a frame. Also you didn't ever answer these questions from above.

Standard HSTN round frame Or an Asian fit/ universal fit HSTN? Second you want a progressive w prizm ruby (non polarized) correct? On a carbon colored frame correct?

Thanks. I'd like to do these for you. I can do your RX in these 100% but i need pd and seg height. I can't measure those for you.

Back