• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Project Canteens

NMOne

Oakley Enthusiast
Somewhere cold
Canteens have arrived. Looking a little rough around the edges. Plans detailed below.

1002865.jpg

Some of the peeling should be visible (My camera sucks)

1002867wb.jpg

Popping the lenses out revealed more of the coating peeling where the lenses sit

1002871q.jpg

More of the peeling visible. Very unpleasant to look at. And this was after a thorough wipedown with a microfiber cloth sprayed with lens cleaner.

1002875e.jpg

Although the frame is a bit rough, it's going off to Dr. Chop for a dip. I'm thinking satin black. The lenses are another story. The iridium is peeling from the corner of the right lens. Can't seem to grab it in a picture but it's obvious. Otherwise the arms are tight, but not creaky tight and don't flop around and the earsocks are in excellent shape. I'm going to be looking for replacement lenses for this frame, either NIB black polarized if anyone has any or black polarized cut from another lens if we can figure out the curvature. I'm pretty willing at this point to send the lenses to one of you guys to figure this part out.

Should be an interesting project! I would thoroughly clean the frame with warm soap and water first so you can see it's true condition.

I'll fix her up!! will put a whole new life back in her

I've been meaning to get in touch with you, just been busy as hell with a lot of stuff. Still thinking of going the satin black route on these. Not sure if the icons can be colored as I don't think they come off.

Latest Posts

Back