• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Project R1

Ducman

Oakley Enthusiast
SoCal
Started disassembling and cleaned her up, waiting for my package from LG(rubber kits) still undecided what lens I should send to be cut. Serial 2964 the other one I'm keeping it stock. If you have any suggestions feel free to share
image.jpg

Last edited:
If you got the black rubber kit, sky is the limit...right now mine are black and violet (big taco donor) but, I think later this summer I may switch them up and go ice, if a donor lens is avail.

If you got the black rubber kit, sky is the limit...right now mine are black and violet (big taco donor) but, I think later this summer I may switch them up and go ice, if a donor lens is avail.
I ordered 2. Black and Red. People suggesting the Big taco for donor lens, but checking the O store no Ruby color available for that selection.

you do know that you have two jordan r1s right? and you will be the only one i know who will customize a jordan r1, while most everyone else is still looking for a regular r1...lol.

simply awesome....

you do know that you have two jordan r1s right? and you will be the only one i know who will customize a jordan r1, while most everyone else is still looking for a regular r1...lol.

simply awesome....
Yes, members here are very helpful and pointed that to me. I bought this one to wear and was my daily beater until all the rubber disintegrated and was put away my other two were kept and are still in brand new condition imo. hoping to find the other one soon. I'm also on the fence in restoring it to original condition, I just want to see what it looks like.

Here's the link to y first post.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/long-lost-x-metals.32671/

Last edited:
Also, if you didn't see my post a week ago. The Sacramento O store still has OEM replacement rubber (including orbital rubbers) for the R1, free of charge. Just wear them into the store.

If this is a wearer, i would recommend you consider what lenses you like looking through! I got some violets for my XS plasma, and do not care for looking through them. If it's just for appearance and you dont mind different tints, i agree sky is the limit! My faves are ruby and ice when it comes to x metal.

I ordered 2. Black and Red. People suggesting the Big taco for donor lens, but checking the O store no Ruby color available for that selection.

You may not be finding Ruby BT at the O store, but they are available. InfiniteHero is able to source Ruby and Ruby Polar BTs and custom cut them for R1. PM him...

Back