• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proper Selling Etiquette ??? OBO abuse???

Thank you everyone for shedding some light on this topic for me. I don't want to be one of thoes OBO guys but watching other people do it and having it done to me it just seems like the way to go. The seller has every advantage nothing is stopping them from simply relisting at a later time if playing bidders against each other back fires in thier face. Just last week I listed a R2 for I think 275.00 with in 1 hour I had 3 people aggressively trying to buy them. But I sold to the first PM which I thought was the way of the fourm. In reality now I see I could have listed them for 375.00 OBO and let thoes 3 bid it out to make a potential 60-80 extra dollars.

Thank you everyone for shedding some light on this topic for me. I don't want to be one of thoes OBO guys but watching other people do it and having it done to me it just seems like the way to go. The seller has every advantage nothing is stopping them from simply relisting at a later time if playing bidders against each other back fires in thier face. Just last week I listed a R2 for I think 275.00 with in 1 hour I had 3 people aggressively trying to buy them. But I sold to the first PM which I thought was the way of the fourm. In reality now I see I could have listed them for 375.00 OBO and let thoes 3 bid it out to make a potential 60-80 extra dollars.
In that case why don't you just list higher and when it doesn't sell after 3 days drop the price with a bump?

Unless you desperately need the money then that's different.

Some guys here bump for MONTHS which is ridiculous

In that case why don't you just list higher and when it doesn't sell after 3 days drop the price with a bump?

Unless you desperately need the money then that's different.

Some guys here bump for MONTHS which is ridiculous
It is not ridiculous. Bump in one place so they won't give money to eBay. Paying PayPal fees is bad enough. Lol

Sent from Q's Note5

The bigger turd is Somone reaches a deal with you on the price . They ask to give them a day or so to get the money and then go buy somthing esle. It has happened to me more then a few times. First come is you have the funds unless I know you. Honestly even ones I know but Rarley deal with have done it to..

The bigger turd is Somone reaches a deal with you on the price . They ask to give them a day or so to get the money and then go buy somthing esle. It has happened to me more then a few times. First come is you have the funds unless I know you. Honestly even ones I know but Rarley deal with have done it to..
Are you saying you actually help people you know?

Back