• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proper Trading Etiquette

Sir Rossi

Oakley Enthusiast
Massachusetts
Hey guys. I couldn't for the life of me decide what section to put this under, but I think it would be beneficial to me and many other new members.

Could someone explain to me how trading works? is it straight up mail? or is it something like both people throw an ad on ebay at a set price at the exact same time and buy each others merchandise? If someone could do a hypothetical run through of a trade for me, I'd be much obliged.

The way I like to trade depends on who I am trading.

An example would be if I wanted to trade a radar to another member for a fuel cell. I have been on the board for a while with decent feedback. I am trading a new member with low to no feedback I would wait for conformation of shipment or wait for said item to arrive and then send mine. All of this would have been discussed prior to any packages being sent.

If I trade with a member I trust, the package would be sent soon as we had come to an agreement.

It does take a lot of trust to trade. Things can go out of hand. If I remember correctly some one was sent a match box car or something stupid like that, so you really need to guard your self.

Ι think there is not a rule for trades.it is who u have to deal with and what agreement both sides have come to.Some guys take it a as a buy/sell thing i mean the traded stuff is considered cash so as when u buy something from a seller u pay him in advance same goes for a trade.Personally i would only make trades with few members i really trust and would ship the time that we had agreed to

It happen once that I know of in a few years. It is a rare thing.

Funny thing is that the people i have dealt with have been so good in there deals. Granted i have yet to purchase from someone without a history (good) behind them. Paypal is a good thing to use. +4% to be extra safe. I always send a email verifying of what the deal is.

Would be more inclined to find someone who is a third party to make sure all goes well. ( i could see both parties tossing a 10 - 20 buck tip").

SO far everyone i have dealt with has been super honest and even when a mistake happens they go out of their way to make amends.

i hate to be gun shy but…

I've done trades on here a couple times with veteran members when I was fairly new here. Both times we just shipped at about the same time, both times everything went just fine. I have been approached about trades since then by new members and I've not gone through with it. When people make it super obvious they have no interest in this place beyond the exchange section I've got no interest in them either.

I've only traded on here once, a mutual trade where we wanted to dump unwanted items. We shipped the items the same day and made sure we were both truthful about the condition of said items.

You could always "pay" with paypal and refund the money when the trade has been made and both parties are happy.

This is the way to go unless you feel you can completely trust the other member. You each "buy" the other persons item (for the actual value) using PayPal G&S. You will each pay a fee but will also both be protected.

Back