• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pros & Cons

benkerwood

Oakley Beginner
Arkansas
Hey guys still lookin at getting my first pair oakleys and I really like the frogskins but there's no way I'm gonna be able to try any on first. I'll have to order them online. What's yalls thoughts on them? Love them? Hate certain things? I'm really big on just cheap sunglasses that have the same frame style so i think this will be my first style Oakley. Also what's y'alls favorite lens? I'm anxious to get 10 posts so I can look at the buy/sell thread and maybe pick some up for cheaper than online. Especially since I'm not 100% that it's what I want. Thank a lot guys! And go hogs beat bama today! (college football talk) :)

they were my first oakleys, i love them, i have 2 pairs right now, and one for sale, pm me if youre interested! i have other oakleys now too, but still frogskins are the most comfortable for me. i was big on cheap glasses too, but i always lost them or broke them, thats never happened with my oakleys, you find yourself caring a lot more after spending that much on plastic! this is boring, but i really like the grey lenses, they work really well for me atleast, it all depends on what type of use you have in mind for your frogskins.

Pm sent. Thanks for the input! I know Im constantly breaking scratching or losing my cheap sunglasses but I know if I ever actually bought a good pair id take much better care of them. I'm also not extremely high on bright exotic colored lenses so grey might actually be good for me too.

What kind of conditions are you normally in? this would really change what lenses people would reccomend.

Personally my favorite lenses in no particular order are

Black iridium
+Red

they're the most comfortable pair of oaks i've got. was really surprised when i tried them actually. as of now, i'm loving Ruby and Violet lenses.

have you considered the matte black/ violet combi? i'm searching for a good price on one, shouldnt be too hard since they're not limited ed.

What kind of conditions are you normally in? this would really change what lenses people would reccomend.

Personally my favorite lenses in no particular order are

Black iridium
+Red

I would just be wearing them day to day. not for any kind of special event or stuff like that. so i guess whatever the weather wants to do that day! haha. I think i want to stay away from the colored to start. ill have to see what the 24k looks like. appreciate it!!

they're the most comfortable pair of oaks i've got. was really surprised when i tried them actually. as of now, i'm loving Ruby and Violet lenses.

have you considered the matte black/ violet combi? i'm searching for a good price on one, shouldnt be too hard since they're not limited ed.

glad to hear it. I really think these will be my first by. I just checked out the matte black/ violet iridium and i do really like those! just not sure if i want to go with a colored lens or standard black. :/

they were my first oakleys, i love them, i have 2 pairs right now, and one for sale, pm me if youre interested! i have other oakleys now too, but still frogskins are the most comfortable for me. i was big on cheap glasses too, but i always lost them or broke them, thats never happened with my oakleys, you find yourself caring a lot more after spending that much on plastic! this is boring, but i really like the grey lenses, they work really well for me atleast, it all depends on what type of use you have in mind for your frogskins.

what color combos do you have in the frogskins? favorite one?

Back