• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pros & Cons

also I just noticed the jupiters. i think i like that style as well. any frogskin owners have them?

On oakleyvault.com they have the matte black/ grey juptiers on there for 70 bucks. Its a really good pair for everyday wear. I think its the best bang for your buck. I bought them a while back and really like them. I would check it out! But frogskins are very good too. ( i have both)

the Jupiters were intended to be a modern take on the Frogs when they were first released, but they didn't sell all that well. so you probably can get pairs on the cheap from vaults, eBay etc. then came the Holbrook. which was another twist in trying to modernize the Frogskins design, and they did a better job for sure. both the Frogs and the Brooks are somewhat similar to me, the main difference being the orbital shape. depends on what looks good on your face i guess. i use both pairs all the time, both being very comfortable frames.

My froggies have copped an absolute beating in their time. They can cop a fair thrashing. Many many times I have sat on them and the arms fall off. Still just slip them bak on and they are good as new. It took a few months of everyday wear and many times mixed with my keys in my pockets till they got a scratch on the lens.

From my relatively short experience (3 months) they are well and truly worth the dollars as they last and make you look so dam fine.

I reckon the first hottie I see wearing froggies, I'm gonna wife her.

Back