• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ProzoneUK

Fair enough. Nothing wrong with doing that. Zeiss has a great name as we all know. I just ask for some type of evidence that they are zeiss. No offense meant

No worries. Good to hear you say that to be honest. I considered a few other companies before Zeiss. Nikon, Polaroid, Swiss Optics. Zeiss just responded better and are more competitive ;-)

img039.jpg
img040.jpg

All I see is light absorption...

I hope these aren’t the data sheets you’re referring to that justifies that Zeiss is as good or better than Oakley...

This is just as you said, tech data from across the range. The more in depth data for each specific lens will be with each set of individual lenses. As for a side by side comparison, I don't have the rig to do that. More than happy to find someone else to do it though.

So ProzomeUK lenses are made by Z

Shooting

Pilla uses Zeiss and I don’t think they are anzi approved. I recall a thread on an archery forum I’m on and a lot of people were claiming other products were better, including Oakley, when it came to this...
This info I am referring to is from about 18 months ago, and I havent had a chance to go through the Pilla website thoroughly...maybe it’s changed since then.

Zeiss Lenses

PILLA ZEISS lenses must then pass or exceed the following standards: ANSI Z87.1, ANSI Z80.3, AS1067, ISO 12312-1. To pass the ANSI Z87.1 high-mass impact test, the lens must be able to withstand the blunt impact of a 500g steel missile dropped from a height of over four feet. PILLA ZEISS lenses exceed the standards of this test.

All I see is light absorption...

I hope these aren’t the data sheets you’re referring to that justifies that Zeiss is as good or better than Oakley...

You probably won't find that in the data sheet anyway (and I agree the charts above is just light absorption etc.), but it would be nice to see that they pass ANSI Z87.1, ANSI Z80.3, AS1067, ISO 12312-1. Zeiss lenses are usually very good and Oakley's lenses aren't in any way magical ;)

Doing a clarity test with some other lenses would be nice though.

You probably won't find that in the data sheet anyway (and I agree the charts above is just light absorption etc.), but it would be nice to see that they pass ANSI Z87.1, ANSI Z80.3, AS1067, ISO 12312-1. Zeiss lenses are usually very good and Oakley's lenses aren't in any way magical ;)

Doing a clarity test with some other lenses would be nice though.

Zeiss Lenses

Zeiss do indeed measure up to these standards.

That's what ice been saying for 9 pages

there is literally ZERO facts presented that support Zeiss is better than Oakley...

but anyways, I thought we all agreed to never buy from Prozone anyways 🤔

Back