• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Psyched About Romeo 2.0 :D

Skito

Oakley Expert
Germany
Hey guys,

ok, the unbelievable thing happened. Just after my first post where I said, that I was looking for a Romeo 2.0, people told me - as I expected - that you could not find any of them in stores anymore. So I decided to buy two X-Squared instead.

After buying a brand new XS Ducati for around $340 I went to another Oakley Vault just yesterday, since they had an XS with Ruby lenses, which I wanted to check out. And while I was standing in front of the vault I found a model which looked different from the others. It grabbed my attention and at first I did not even realize that there was a pair of Romeo 2.0 polished/titanium sitting right in front of me. I tried not to be excited when the salesperson came towards me, but I could not hide it. So I bought them for $380,- pristine condition with original box and coin.

When I got back home I realized though, that the coin said Romeo and not Romeo 2.0.... it seems as if they sold the R2 to me with the coin from an R1. I would have preferred to get the R2 coin also, but I guess it should be possible to trade an R1 coin for an R2 coin with someone here? :)

What do you think? Aren't they pretty? :)

romeo2.jpg

I could be wrong, but the first release of the Romeo 2's did come out with the standard large "Romeo" coin. Only when they started packaging them in the split sleeve boxes did they then bring out a smaller "Romeo 2" coin.

Someone on the forum may have the coin you're after... hang in there.

I could be wrong, but the first release of the Romeo 2's did come out with the standard large "Romeo" coin. Only when they started packaging them in the split sleeve boxes did they then bring out a smaller "Romeo 2" coin.

Someone on the forum may have the coin you're after... hang in there.
Ninjad

But the coin says 1997... Romeo 2.0 did not even exist back then, did they?

The R1 was already in production and they had the coins, so they just used the same ones in the R2 packaging. Only later when they changed over to the split sleeve boxes did they then bring out a R2 coin.

I have just checked and can confirm that all five original Romeo 2 have Romeo coins dated 1998, and all three Romeo have coins dated 1997. Both these coins are the silver type of the same design, unlike the later 2009 X Metal coins.

Latest Posts

Back