• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Purchased Some New Lenses For XX On Oakley Website

Crzpilot

Oakley Enthusiast
MIZZOU
Wanted some opinions. Purchased a pair of 24k XX lenses on oakley website a couple of weeks ago and the shipping date keeps changing. When I check the track order it continues to say backordered? Anyone have any experience with this? Are they backordered indefinitely? Just curious. Thx

I have seen this with a few lens orders recently - in my case Juliets, but regardless... Oakley will leave items on the website until the supply chain is exhausted, perhaps with a few exceptions for the service department. I had Ice lenses that were unavailable, then it showed they were supposed to take 14 days - they arrived in about a month. I also ordered 2x VR28Blk polars and got 1, the other was and is still on BO - we'll see if I [ever?] get the other. They may also just be waiting to see if they get enough orders to fill them...? IIRC correctly this has been the case with a lot of the X-Metal lenses in that Oakley will post them out there until the supply and/or demand is confirmed gone. This is considered acceptable since they do not actually charge you until the order ships. If it happens that an order is placed and not filled then it is what it is!

Give them a call, someone over there might know what's going on.
...hit or miss IMO - I have called and been told I would get lenses promptly and never received them, YMMV

I have seen this with a few lens orders recently - in my case Juliets, but regardless... Oakley will leave items on the website until the supply chain is exhausted, perhaps with a few exceptions for the service department. I had Ice lenses that were unavailable, then it showed they were supposed to take 14 days - they arrived in about a month. I also ordered 2x VR28Blk polars and got 1, the other was and is still on BO - we'll see if I [ever?] get the other. They may also just be waiting to see if they get enough orders to fill them...? IIRC correctly this has been the case with a lot of the X-Metal lenses in that Oakley will post them out there until the supply and/or demand is confirmed gone. This is considered acceptable since they do not actually charge you until the order ships. If it happens that an order is placed and not filled then it is what it is!

are the vr28 pol you looking for for juliets? they had them @ the vault in vacaville, ca. just fyi

they had them @ the vault
Yes, the local vault has had a pair or two here and there, not consistent. I got a pair not long ago. I try not to be too greedy there LOL!

My point was regarding oakley.com showing items as 'available' when they may or may not be.

Remember, they left the Juliets up there for a couple of months after they were sold out. That seems to be the case with lenses and other items as well.

My XX 24k's have been backordered since April 8th if that means anything to you. The charge is finally pending on my credit card as of Friday.

Im in the same situation.. ordered a pair of Juliet Ruby lenses from their site.Shipping date was supposed to been last week, got am email over the weekend stating that there taking little longer to ship than quoted.
The site now says shipping on the 6th.

ordered a pair of Juliet Ruby lenses
fruby (new fire-ruby) lenses are everywhere around me, a couple in each store and O-Vault. I thought they were some of the most, if not the most common/available right now?

Back