• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Purchased Today. My First PURCHASED New Oakleys in 20 Years!

I'm looking forward to trying Frogskins, and especially with PRIZM. IT's funny, but I have a pair of Ray Ban 5022 Woodys that I've had for a long time. They have the vintage Wayfarer Green Polarized lens, and they paint a beautiful landscape. I can hardly wait to try Polarized PRIZM's view. I have a feeling that I'm going to love them. I don't know if You've ever heard of Blenders shades, but they put out a pretty cool pair of shades for about $30 US.
I would never have bought them, but my wife is into them and she bought me a few pairs.
One of them is a very good copy of Tortoise Wayfarer's with the Gould bottom orbit. They are VERY high quality for the money, and the Polarized lenses are outstanding. I have a feeling that this company is going to grow like Costa Del Mar did. They started out as a good $50 pair of shades, and now they go for $150.
Anyway, I cannot wait to try the PRIZM Daily Polarized lenses. I have a feeling I'm going to be dropping a few hundred on PRIZM Deep Water and Shallow Water lenses for my Flak Jacket XLJ's.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
View attachment 267785 The Skins arrived from Philadelphia to a small town 50 miles West of Buffalo in two days without air transport. Nice job USPS! Here are my new Skins, which are worth every penny and more. Here's the Grand Opening. I was glad that Frogskins fit perfectly in an old soft vault. I was surprised, because I used to use it to store my MOONs. These are really great glasses. I love the Polarized PRIZM, and there's even a light coating of Black Iridium. Nice job Oakley, or what's left of it.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
I had my reasons for going with the Woodgrain. They reminded me of a pair that I bought 15 years ago. Hmmmm. And the funny thing is, the old Ray Ban Polarized Greenies have a pretty darn good sight picture for being over 30 years old! And the Ray Bans inspired me to carve my Avatar when my MOON frames failed. I'm still amazed at how much I like the view looking through my new PRIZM Polarized Frogskins. Impressive! I guess I'm just a wood frame kind of guy. I'm just getting ready to carve a pair from the same Teak board as my Wooden MOONS. They will be based around a pair of perfect X Metal XX 24K lenses that I bought just to carve 12 years ago. Nothing like procrastinating I guess!

Last edited:
They just have a great color. It's not like they shout out "I look like wood", but the blend of the black and grey just catches Your eye. Then the color of the PRISM lense is a great match for the frames. I wish I could but one of every WOODGRAIN. A few years back I was loaded with mad money, but I'm nor now.
I did invest it though, and with the year I'm having next year could be a big Oakley year. Sometimes You just have to be patient I guess.

Back