• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Purchasing your prescriptions from Oakley?

AirMech74

Oakley Enthusiast
I have never considered getting my prescription filled from Oakley direct because I figured it would cost an arm and a leg....is the price comparable to getting them filled at a brick and mortar shop? I made the mistake of getting a pair made at a Lenscrafter a few years back...even with my insurance at the time, it was just under $500 for the frames and non-Oakley lenses, not even sure if they offered that service....since then, i get my prescription filled at my Optometrist's office...i just buy my Oakley frames online and have them make and set the lenses....soooo much cheaper. Now i have a pretty good vision plan from my employer and am kinda wondering if it is worth getting them directly from Oakley. what are the Pros and Cons?

Can I see some pics of RX glasses with Oakley lenses?

Last edited:
20230422_114107.jpg

RX Frogskins Matte Tortoise/ 24k gold Polarized.

I picked up my new frames this morning...had every intention of going with a pair of Hex Jectors for my everyday glasses...wife didn't like how they looked on me, so I ended up with a pair of Matte Black with blue icon Plank 2.0's...I really like he way they sit on my nose bridge and off my cheeks. After insurance and discounts, I paid $11.16 out the door from Lenscrafters. Can't beat that! Once I get my new script, I will decide on lenses. If I go through Oakley with the progressive transition with color and all the other features, I'm looking at $450+ after insurance.

I have never considered getting my prescription filled from Oakley direct because I figured it would cost an arm and a leg....is the price comparable to getting them filled at a brick and mortar shop? I made the mistake of getting a pair made at a Lenscrafter a few years back...even with my insurance at the time, it was just under $500 for the frames and non-Oakley lenses, not even sure if they offered that service....since then, i get my prescription filled at my Optometrist's office...i just buy my Oakley frames online and have them make and set the lenses....soooo much cheaper. Now i have a pretty good vision plan from my employer and am kinda wondering if it is worth getting them directly from Oakley. what are the Pros and Cons?

Can I see some pics of RX glasses with Oakley lenses?
Well, I’ve lurked for over 10 years guess I should start contributing! I’ve purchased a few Oakley RX sun and normal eyeglasses in the past year. I’ve found Oakley direct to often be cheaper than brick and mortar, at least pearl viz where I often get my check ups. I have been buying progressive lenses direct and must say, disappointed overall. I just sent a pair back this week because the Rx seemed off, and the segment height WAY too low. Won’t go into all that other than to leave it at often direct from Oakley is not always more pricey.

I went through Pearle Viz and was perfectly happy with my Rx lenses. When I did it back in 2001, PV was much cheaper.

Back