• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Purple hue Ruby Juliet lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

looking for brand new unused or excellent used condition Juliet ruby lenses with purple hue (no fruby).

let me know if you have a set available.

thanks

David

Some people reacted to this post.
is there sample photos showing the difference?

This is what David is looking for and not the later - yellowish Ruby.
36FE8F66-19AF-4FFC-B34B-F66E2E1AEA77_zpsna27qjps.jpg

Username Hidden said:

I see, thanks! now i prefer those ruby lol

You're welcome :)

Username Hidden said:

from the light angle of the far counterpart lenses, they appear to look "fruby". i suppose even the purple hue ruby lenses have a "fruby" angle as well?

Username Hidden said:
from the light angle of the far counterpart lenses, they appear to look "fruby". i suppose even the purple hue ruby lenses have a "fruby" angle as well?
You will encounter the yellow/orange effect with most at angles yes. Both these pairs have solid purple middles viewed in natural light, front on so I suppose it is a feature. I've mentioned it before I believe, but I once owned a very low serial X Metal Ruby in my early collecting days, which had the darkest lenses I have ever seen. They were very marked up so we're unusable and the silicon coating was also peeling from the inside so I tossed them out which proved to be a mistake as they could have been used for reference etc. I don't remember any yellow or orange with these as they virtually appeared to be 'magenta' in comparison with one of the above pairs i did own at the time.
We live and learn !

1st gen fires also show this from angles, just fyi
-

null_zpsfe213fcb.jpg

Username Hidden said:
1st gen fires also show this from angles, just fyi
-

null_zpsfe213fcb.jpg

These 1st gen fire lenses that you're calling them, they look like fruby if anything. I have a pair of Oakley Customs Polished/Ruby Juliets and the lenses are Ruby and they looks EXACTLY like the ones in your pic. They have the "Blue" based tint so I know it's a Ruby. The fire lenses have a "yellow" based tint from what I've observed.

Am I mistaken?

David

Username Hidden said:
These 1st gen fire lenses that you're calling them, they look like fruby if anything. I have a pair of Oakley Customs Polished/Ruby Juliets and the lenses are Ruby and they looks EXACTLY like the ones in your pic. They have the "Blue" based tint so I know it's a Ruby. The fire lenses have a "yellow" based tint from what I've observed.

Am I mistaken?

David

Yes both are 1st gen fires and do again from a good angle, resemble a fruby lens. Fire has the green/yellowish base tint - correct.

null_zpsd61dd0cd.jpg