• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Purple Lenses

Zoah

Oakley Beginner
Hi Guys,

I originally posted this in the DIY section but it occurred to me that it's not necessarily DIY-specific. I'm doing an M Frame overhaul and am looking at a purple color scheme. I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the relative purple appearance of either the Walleva polarized purple or the Oakley Blue Iridium lens. I'm looking strictly at color here as these will be for general wear, and not performance/sports settings. If anyone has any pics of either lens rather than just the stock photos that would be excellent too. I'd be looking at the hybrid shape if that helps...
Thanks,
Zoah

Read more: Purple Lenses | Oakley Forum

The Blue Iridium coating ranges from light to dark blue and then to purple, depending on the viewing angle. The coating is very vivid, but doesn't provide the strongest mirror effect; people will definitely be able to see your eyes through the lens.

Blue Iridium is a great lens to look through; much better than Violet, in my opinion. It has all the benefits of VR28 without looking boring like VR28. It may not be as flashy as Violet, but it's still pretty damn sweet looking. Blue seems to shine the best in lower light conditions too (bright sunlight seems to make the lens appear more transparent).

If people can see my eyes, I'll try my luck with the Walleva purples. I don't think Violet is available for M Frame...?

Back