• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PURPLE LINEGEAR

I see, so the linegear rubber is just a tad off. Looks close enough to let people make their own version of IH stuff and have it look good though.

I've been wondering for a long time, how is linegear rubber in terms of grip when wet, and comfort for daily wear? Is it mostly for display or is it functional for daily use as well?

I have only had 1 other pair of linegear rubber and I ended up selling them. They where the darker blue they offer but they where still not dark enough for what I wanted them for. Maybe someone that has worn them can comment

I see, so the linegear rubber is just a tad off. Looks close enough to let people make their own version of IH stuff and have it look good though.

I've been wondering for a long time, how is linegear rubber in terms of grip when wet, and comfort for daily wear? Is it mostly for display or is it functional for daily use as well?
The Linegear purple does look pretty good. I've converted a good portion of my custom pairs over to Linegear. It doesn't grip as well as OEM and for long periods of use the nose bombs aren't as comfortable as OEM; they aren't as cushiony as OEM. I do like the look of Linegear though and don't really have any complaints. My Linegear pairs get worn on a daily basis. I've made several orders with Daisuke and his customer service is top notch. He throws in extra stuff every time I order.

Close to OEM?
It is pretty damn close to OEM. Not exact, but close. Linegear rubbers are smooth and OEM rubbers are grainy. Linegear rubbers are a bit translucent so look a little bit lighter than OEM. They're still the best alternative to OEM.

Here's a set of XS that Xmetalmaniac cut for me. They turned out perfect.
4erasude.jpg

Back