• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quality on serial vs non serial X metals

ok peeps here's the answer,
when the tapped and clearance hole is drilled in the orbital through fixturing,If the orb wasn't loaded correctly it will drill those holes at a slight angle not perpendicular to the arm slot. When I see this I put the screw in and slightly tighten it.then holding the orb and arm you can twist slightly and line the top and bottom orb tabs so there is no interference in the arm pockets. The screw has to be installed for this to work, and grab the orb and arm as close to the screw as possible and very slightly tweak them in.now when you do this it may cause the two arms not to touch the table so in this case grab ONLY the orbs and tweak them in till the arms touch.I've done this on hundreds of Juliet frames already so I know how it works, it sounds like a lot of twisting and pulling but all im doing is getting the frames square again and no harm is done. Its a friggin casting and nothing about a casting is consistent to start with.

hope this helps

Latest Posts

Back