• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Juliet Lens Color

rickieb

Oakley Beginner
Folks,
I recently acquired some older carbon frame Juliets from around three or more years ago. They have very red colored lenses.They definitely look a different red to my newer ruby iridium. Any ideas what they could be? (I would be happy to post an image but seems I'm unable to any ideas why?).

Also, there is a serial number....is there any way to know how old they are from that number?
Thanks

The color of ruby lenses can vary quite a bit. The newer ruby lenses can tend to look more like fire lenses than ruby. It's also possible that the red colored lenses are aftermarket and not Oakley lenses.

As far as the serial number goes....if there is no letter at the end of the number it's a first generation frame, if there's an "A" at the end it's a second generation frame and if there's a "B" at the end it's a third generation frame.

Thanks very much. That makes a lot of sense. The color of these lenses are much more like that of the Juliet's worn in the X-Men.
The frame has a serial number without a letter after it (it begins with an "x"). Does that make it more collectible/valuable?

rickieb said:
Thanks very much. That makes a lot of sense. The color of these lenses are much more like that of the Juliet's worn in the X-Men.
The frame has a serial number without a letter after it (it begins with an "x"). Does that make it more collectible/valuable?

Very depending on condition

Condition of these ones seems to be pretty decent. I'm going to send to Oakley to be tightened up just to make them perfect!!!
What I was wondering was whether a first gen is worth more than a later generation assuming the condition is the same.

Depends. But x serial Juliet's have been pulling big money lately. 600-800$ I believe

They're initial run xmetal/ruby. Not carbon.

I'm going to send to Oakley for a tune up. Should I remove lenses, shocks, nose bombs etc or just send as is?

You need to take the lenses out if you wanna know whether they're Oakley's or not. Recently purchased a pair with dark ruby, went home and found out they were not Oakley lenses. Contacted seller and returned the next day.

Back