• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question about Oakley Exchange

Clarence Boddicker

Oakley Beginner
I read through the Oakley exchange rules and I noticed it says- once you have a buyer you can send them a link to a just- posted, auction of the glasses on eBay and then they can immediately purchase them. This will give buyer & seller protection. Doesn’t that incur seller fees when you do that though? Also couldn’t someone else just click buy it now and it’s not the buyer

Last edited by a moderator:
I read through the Oakley exchange rules and I noticed it says- once you have a buyer you can send them a link to a just- posted, auction of the glasses on eBay and then they can immediately purchase them. This will give buyer & seller protection. Doesn’t that incur seller fees when you do that though? Also couldn’t someone else just click buy it now and it’s not the buyer

I joined over a year ago to sell them (I know I’m lazy ) but I don’t really know anybody and I just want to have a smooth/trouble- free, transaction. I posted up pics of my never- worn, Mars Craters black iridium last year on this forum. I want to make a sale but I also want to be he safe

Am I missing something?

I may have put this question in the wrong forum you can move it to the right one

Nobody does that. I think its just something the forum put up to avoid being blamed for a bad deal

Most of us us the Exchange and it is a given that PP G&S will be the payment method.

Don’t give Ebay money.
This!!

Yes if you have it on eBay anybody can hit buy it now, then the member who wants to purchase it gets screwed, if you sell on here Paypal protects the buyer and seller if they use G&S and ship with tracking. Also note that paypal still charges a fee, but eBay charges a fee and paypal charges a fee, so it’s like getting hit twice through eBay

This!!

Yes if you have it on eBay anybody can hit buy it now, then the member who wants to purchase it gets screwed, if you sell on here Paypal protects the buyer and seller if they use G&S and ship with tracking. Also note that paypal still charges a fee, but eBay charges a fee and paypal charges a fee, so it’s like getting hit twice through eBay
You can set an eBay auction to only allow a pre-approved buyer. It’s a faff to set up and you still get hit by the eBay fees anyway.

I joined over a year ago to sell them (I know I’m lazy ) but I don’t really know anybody and I just want to have a smooth/trouble- free, transaction. I posted up pics of my never- worn, Mars Craters black iridium last year on this forum. I want to make a sale but I also want to be he safe

Am I missing something?

I may have put this question in the wrong forum you can move it to the right one
The forum rules state that you must conduct the transaction via PayPal G & S, so your price must be inclusive of those charges. To make it easier, most sellers based in the USA include shipping to CONUSA in their price, which makes it easier to "budget".

As the seller, you're protected by G & S, as long as you have proof of postage.

^ one other person PM’d me before you even Both you guys responded when I did my intro thread last year so

As to price I saw a pair go on eBay a couple weeks ago for $400+

Here’s a pic but I need to take better ones showing the lenses with light passing through

bac2accc187dd8541c62de1f482ea98f.jpg

Last edited:
Back